Home The Lodge

A reduction of corporate tax rates with a deficit neutral job stimulus offer

not surprising the GOPer Boehner gang can't even be bothered

anything to keep the recovery down in hopes of consolidating further power on Capital Hill

Party before country everytime

on and you koolaid sippers of Obama hates small business? your filings would be simplified down to one page along with lower tax rates

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Nope can't be bothered. No interest in a reduction in corporate tax rates but a spreading of the base that will result in more taxes being collected...and spent.
    so the tax reduction is within 3% of what Paul Rand said he wanted but now suddenly there is no interest

not surprised
    I have no idea what Rand Paul nor do I have any idea what you're talking about.

The only way to have "stimulus" and "deficit neutral" in the same sentence is to raise revenues. Ef that even if it only raises a penny. Good for Boehner.
    Clean up the code, make it more efficient and make the changes revenue neutral. The President will get more jobs just due to greater efficiency and the wealth effect from a higher stock market.
    I failed to see a mention of Paul Rand...or Rand Paul for that matter.

Obama wants to lower the tax rates some and broaden the base more to raise revenues which he can spend. F-ck no.
    The revamp should be done with a target of revenue neutrality.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Yeah. The gov should just sell all those roads, bridges, schools and stuff and let the new owners fix em up.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
    Somebody's been hitting the cooking sherry again.
    Just so we're clear here, there should be revenue neutrality in a static scenario. A simplified tax code will have a beneficial effect on business which will lead to higher income and higher income tax receipts. Obama can spend that money.
    one page filing isn't a step towards simplification?
    Umm, you are aware that Obama's "grand bargain" is with regards to the corporate tax code, right?
    You really think that Citigroup will someday be able to file a one page tax return?
    I thought conservatives were all about helping small business (the little economic engine that could) and the American family?
    No, I'm about the free movement of capital and labor. Helping small business and the American Family is a happy side effect.
    So, we're ending corporate subsidies
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,452 Senior Member
    The overhaul, administration officials said, would generate new revenue that could be used to pay for Obama’s priorities, including hiring workers to build roads, bridges and other infrastructure.

Ummm...wasn't this done already not that long ago?

http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/fundingoverview/Pages/fundingbreakdown.aspx#ContractsGrantsLoans
    did it drop corporate tax rates?

careful your non talk radio listening unbiased slip is showing again
    I'm only referring to the spending on infrastructure part.
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    So, we're ending corporate subsidies

You mean not taking money away?

I crack me up.
    naw ... it was rhetorical

we're all pretty well aware you're all in favor of keeping taxpayer money free flowing to the corporate bonus plan while exempting them from taxes
    So the latest on this is that Obama thinks there will be some one-time gains in revenue - most likely due to some lower rate on past overseas profits will lead to repatriation and some extra tax revenues. If he wants to spend that, I don't have much of a problem, but we know from past experience that the bang for the buck from one-time fiscal policy changes isn't all that great.
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    naw ... it was rhetorical

we're all pretty well aware you're all in favor of keeping taxpayer money free flowing to the corporate bonus plan while exempting them from taxes

I don't remember the taxpayers earning it to begin with. I'll have to check my notes.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    I'm only referring to the spending on infrastructure part.

Do you believe that we shouldn't spend money on our crumbling infrastructure? Do you know how many billions of dollars the quality of our roads cost businesses and consumers every year? Fixing our infrastructure has an actual return on investment that can be quantified.

And yes we did that for one year. Eisenhower did it for 8.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Do you believe that the cure to this strung out recession is to cut corporate taxes and increasing spending?

All during one of the worst recessions and one of the worst debt accumulations we have seen from our government?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member
    There would be a cut in corporate taxes but an end to subsidies. So some of the companies that have been paying more will pay less and those that have been paying nothing or actually getting money from the government will stop doing that. So yes I think that is a great idea.

We are no longer in a recession and it has never been cheaper to borrow money. These bridges, freeways, tunnels, and the power grid will need to be repaired regardless. Better to do it now while it is cheaper. You are being penny wise and pound foolish.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement