Home The Lodge

Where are the Zimmerman trial updates?

12346»

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I was serious, what are you disagreeing about? I know joekrz is just defending the white guy, but the rest of you, I think you are all actually in agreement on almost everything, and yet you find some basis to disagree.
    Kevin said what?

Sent from my HTC One X

Monkey approved
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    Try here...

THAT'S defending Zimmerman?

Like I said.... Still looking.
    "I don't believe Zimmerman was looking for fisticuffs. I DO believe he had a hard on because he had a gun and was all "community watch" and junk, but he wasn't looking to fight or even shoot."

I fail to see how you can come to this conclusion.

So, you are of the mind that Zimmerman WAS looking for a fight? Now I fail to see how you come to THAT conclusion. Zimmerman is a **** of the highest order. He's also a coward and a busybody. All of which, when combined, pretty much suggests someone that doesn't want to fight. He wanted to be a cop that night, make an arrest of a suspicious black dude. Then, when he started getting his **** ****, he shot the kid.

So, explain how you arrive at the conclusion that Zimmerman was spoiling for a fight. Because everything I see/read/hear indicates otherwise.
    "I fully believe that Martin wanted to fight. And not because he was afeared for his life. "

and this makes absolutely no ****ing sense. It could also lead to some real nasty accusations.

The only person here who felt a sense of duty, while seeing a potential for hostility from the get go was Zimmerman

Makes perfect sense. The kid was young and male. He was being followed by a creepy **** cracker. He was a hothead, Zimmerman was a ****. Don't have to mind-meld to figure that out. Open and shut case.

I'm more interested in, if I were a juror, how do you punish Zimmerman? (I don't know what the prosecution is pushing for.... murder? Manslaughter?) If I determine that the facts are as stated, Zimmerman followed the kid, the kid got pissed and started punching him, Zimmerman shot him.... Zimmerman should pay, somehow, but I'm not sure how exactly.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,373 Senior Member
    "I'm more interested in, if I were a juror, how do you punish Zimmerman?"

I understand the jury has an option of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter. I'd say manslaughter is appropriate.
    I'd tend to agree.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    He was a hothead,

You know this how?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    So, you are of the mind that Zimmerman WAS looking for a fight? Now I fail to see how you come to THAT conclusion.

The fact that he got out of the car with a gun for one thing and two he was just **** to the dispatcher that they always get away with it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The fact that he got out of the car with a gun for one thing and two he was just **** to the dispatcher that they always get away with it.

Doesn't point to him going out to shoot.
    then leave the gun

take the cannoli

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement