The Washington Redskins

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Jamespio wrote: »

Conservative America seems downright determined to return to or remain in a time when it was okay to call people names based on their skin color.

not just skin color

yesterday we heard from a Congressman that the reason women are getting **** in the military is because they aren't staying home and fullfilling their Biblical obligation. By trying to serve their country they instead are only serving to stir up hormones of young men and therefore getting what they deserve.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,263 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    No James. Just pointing out the nonsense in all of this PC stuff we hear in the media today. I feel people are going way too overboard with it these days. It's like we need to walk on egg shells all of the time for fear of offending someone. This whole redskins deal is perfect example of that.

So you think it is perfectly okay to name a team with the Native American equivalent to n*****r. Nice!

So I guess from now on we can stop calling you Joekrz and start calling you Sister Humping Hillbilly. I mean they are just words after all.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    MikeA wrote: »
    How are any of the offensive words mentioned here any better than the offensive stuff I've read on here,, i.e people in the Tea party and southern US? And I've read some pretty offensive stuff here that goes unchallenged (depending on who its from) for the most part. Seems to me minorities are sacred to you guys but anyone who could potentially be a republican is no holds barred.

Being a member of an organization like the tea party is not a race.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    not just skin color

yesterday we heard from a Congressman that the reason women are getting **** in the military is because they aren't staying home and fullfilling their Biblical obligation. By trying to serve their country they instead are only serving to stir up hormones of young men and therefore getting what they deserve.

this is the story (sexual assault in the military) that this country should be talking about. Has there even been one thread here? I know there are many on the right wing conspiracy theories. This cannot be tolerated...and to listen to the joint chiefs (redskins) was appalling. We are a f'ed up country.....we show what we are concerned about, and that shows who we are.

in this world the chauvinistic culture still hangs on.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,095 Senior Member
    Do you guys ever see anything of value in this country? The most awesomest country ever in the history of mankind?? Anything?
    cuzz we've never done anything wrong

and getting the third world to make all our, gimme I want it, **** for $3 a week is what makes us even more awesomest

America F*ck Yeah!

(by the way I doubt that anyone is saying this is the crappiest country ever ... they're just saying, 'let's be adult and have the integrity to be honest with and about ourselves' ... that's actually a pretty 'smart' way to ensure we stop making the same mistakes over and over again ... you know like let's blow the Eff out of a country over mobile WMD labs that don't exist ... 'but hey they were asking for it anyways')
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,899 Senior Member
    Do you guys ever see anything of value in this country? The most awesomest country ever in the history of mankind?? Anything?

Who is "you guys?"

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Being a member of an organization like the tea party is not a race.

being an inbred idiot is Not a choice
    My work here is done. See you guys on page 24.

I guess your work was not done. You still had to post at least one more completely absurd comment.

Wait so calling someone a racial epitaph is something of value in this country?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,176 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    this is the story (sexual assault in the military) that this country should be talking about. Has there even been one thread here?

No...its more important to be told how politically incorrect the name Washington Redskins is...you know..
    REAL important issues.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    we keep slipping up by not getting our social priorities issued from Central Wisconsin
  • FlykuniFlykuni Senior Member Posts: 799 Senior Member
    I think chewing is offensive. Did you see the Seinfeld episode with the wooden Indian?

That one's a riot.
    joekrz wrote: »
    No James. Just pointing out the nonsense in all of this PC stuff we hear in the media today. I feel people are going way too overboard with it these days. It's like we need to walk on egg shells all of the time for fear of offending someone. This whole redskins deal is perfect example of that.

Yes, or si, that's exactly it -- dominant cultures throughout history on every continent, save Antartica but then if we could talk to a lesser penguin about the King penguins propensity to literally look down on minority penguins, now where was I? oh yes, dig it as we said in the Sixties.

****/watermelon jokes, bad Chinese accent/fortune cookie jokes and all the other assorted unfunny and incorrect terminology is and has always been insulting, racist and now that we're taking over, meaning all the formerly oppressed penguins, we're biting back. So stay off my eggs. We're multiplying and taking over the ice sheet.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,899 Senior Member
    Still... No ticky, no laundry.

:p

Sent from my HTC One X

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,007 Senior Member
    Still... No ticky, no laundry.

:p

Sent from my HTC One X

Or, in a scene that did not slip past the censors:

(on telephone)

Mae West - Can you come right away to pick up laundry?

Laundryman - Yes, Missy, I come lickedty split.

Mae West - Never mind that, big boy, just the laundry.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    You mean Mickey Rooney wasn't really Japanese ?
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,053 Senior Member
    Yes we do, and what has that got to do with it? [email protected], we're "the most awesomest country," because we can talk about racism. We have the freedom to point out what is wrong with the country without ending up in a gulag camp.

Washington should change the name of the team. Big deal if they lose some money in the short term. It's no excuse to say it doesn't make business sense.

I don't give a rat's @ss if the term referred to face paint originally. It's origins have nothing to do with it. The way it is used now is important, and people do use it as a racial slur.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Ok, Mensa candidates in the back of Science class pipe down. Speaking of W.C. Fields' circus movie -- watch and listen closely when he emerges from tent and talks to black helpers.

He says, "Which one of you is the head Ubangi?....which one of you is the head niggeroni...? Real.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,007 Senior Member
    Fields is from the fairly distant past, so I can forgive that which was acceptable in the 1930s.

BTW - Speaking of the relative acceptably of words, when Agatha Christie's Ten Little N-words was considered a bit much in America, even back in the '30s, the title was changed to Ten Little Indians. I think recent editions are called And Then There Were None.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Sure, Fields' 'distant past' was around the time lynchings were fading out as a popular form of race control. I think the word hurt then and hurts now, no statute of limitations.
    back when people were smart enough to realize that interacial couples should be illegal
    I find Agatha Christie offensive. God I hated those books.
    why do you hate Belgians?
    Their waffles are racist.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,176 Senior Member
    and Walter Williams has said blacks are better off for having been slaves

so just because Wayne Newton's cousin says so then that make it alright and of course he speaks for all Injuns

so ...

what's up my ****?
    Believe it's spelt ****. That's what the kids tell me, ones who show the Grand Cyn. when they walk by. Me, at my advanced Boomerage, wear my pants up to armpits.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,053 Senior Member
    Flykuni wrote: »
    Me, at my advanced Boomerage, wear my pants up to armpits.
    You the one on the left?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    The whole thing is ****. I spent 6 years (2001-2007) working for an Indian tribe. Half of them wore **** jerseys and thought it was cool. The local HS is the Monache Marauders. The mascot is an NDN (as they call it) holding a tomahawk.
    http://mhs.portervilleschools.org/
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.