Does This Cr*p Never End?

magallowaymagalloway Senior MemberPosts: 1,023 Senior Member
On our way back from an extremely French-Canadian mass for our neighbor's mother this morning, Cindy got a call from her older sister. Their younger, ne'er-do-well, Vietnam-haunted brother tried to swallow a 9mm--and effed up free lunch. It looks like he'll survive with the loss of an eye but little or no brain damage, but the family's in total turmoil. From a personal standpoint, this is the fourth or fifth vet in my personal circle who's tried to check out. Don't worry, folks, at the rate we're going, there won't be any of us left in 2056 to interview about our war experiences! If it's your wont, say a small prayer of grace for Chris; if not, a kind thought would be appreciated.

Jim

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,757 Senior Member
    Prayers sent.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Terrible.

May G-d heal him and strengthen him.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    So sorry to hear. Hope he heals quickly and straightens himself out.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Kind thoughts sent...

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • FlykuniFlykuni Senior Member Posts: 799 Senior Member
    Very, very sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to all veterans of all wars, but especially my generation's conflict, 'Nam. My best childhood pal checked out with a .357 on his temple in his folk's bedroom. I've known many vets of that war, one was a fly-fishing pal from central PA. He died two years ago from an aneurysm, far too young.

On the Yellow Breeches, John Lentz, USMC. I Corps, LURP, radioman, Pennsylvania farm boy, fishing pal. Rest in peace.

[IMG][/img]P4060380.jpg
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Kind thoughts sent...

Mike

Likewise.

Sb
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,970 Senior Member
    Prayers sent for him and the family.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    one of my good friends who didn't pass muster in the seminary to become a priest at the ripe old age of 22 drove his father's car out to a country road and blew his brains out ... we had spent the week waterskiing at Lake of the Ozarks just the week before and he seemed fine

while not a veteran it's just a sad thing to think that someone has lost all hope of wanting to see another tomorrow or sunrise or enjoy time with their family (he had a strong supportive mother and father and loving sisters)

on the flip side ... a close range gunshot wound to the head is about as gross as it gets ... got treated to this my first two weeks in the OR

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.