There goes half the threads

Minnesota's sweetheart announced she's not going to run again.

Replies

  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, FREE AT LAST

    now in keeping with her anti-gubbmint philosophy will she refuse her pension?
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    By the way?

    Last Thursday she had just started running campaign ads ... go figure

    Look for her to have a spot on Fox in the coming months
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,546 Senior Member
    What was Palin going to run for?
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    What was Palin going to run for?

    I said half, not all.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Federal Election Commission, Congressional Ethics Office and now the FBI knocking on her door


    can hardly wait for 'con'servatives and the Tea Partiers to demand enforcement of the law(s) [/ crickets chirping]
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Steven: Nice car!
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Michelle. Nice marmot.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    It's cause Marcus is gettin married and she will have her little hands full planning the boys wedding. ( MN just passed the gay marriage bill.)
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Maybe Marcus came out? Perfect Storm?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,761 Senior Member
    This is sad news.

    For one thing, we will miss the comedy. For another, the GOP can run a sane candidate and have a better chance of retaining the seat.



    p.s. The lady doth protest too much: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michele-bachmann-wont-run-for-reelection/2013/05/29/3f05d804-c850-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_video.html
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,442 Senior Member
    Yeah I think that liberals will miss her more than conservatives because of all the good work she has done to damage the Republican brand.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Yeah I think that liberals will miss her more than conservatives because of all the good work she has done to damage the Republican brand.

    This, rather than George. There's no historical proof that one needs to be sane, competent or experienced to win a race in Minnesota.

    But the Lodge will be a lesser place for her loss. Pour a sip.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Guys, I gotta admit that this news doesn't make me feel anything. Am I dead inside?
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    I nominate Ted Cruz and Louis Gohmert to take the place of Bachmann on the goper crazy train.

    Texas for teh win!
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Hextall wrote: »
    Guys, I gotta admit that this news doesn't make me feel anything. Am I dead inside?

    What's wrong with you? You don't feel bad for the Monkey? How about his brother-in-law the Dentist?
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Steven wrote: »
    This, rather than George. There's no historical proof that one needs to be sane, competent or experienced to win a race in Minnesota.

    But the Lodge will be a lesser place for her loss. Pour a sip.


    Bingo ... Her district is steeped in olde tyme nonsense

    Stearns County has yet to yield up its full potential batshitnuttiness
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Steven wrote: »
    How about his brother-in-law the Dentist?


    Doctor ... Doctor ... DOCTOR!

    How many times does he have to tell you?
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Not as many as you have to tell us.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Turn your head and cough
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    431949_605938962759040_1896920266_n.jpg
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    George K wrote: »
    This is sad news.

    For one thing, we will miss the comedy. For another, the GOP can run a sane candidate and have a better chance of retaining the seat.



    p.s. The lady doth protest too much: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michele-bachmann-wont-run-for-reelection/2013/05/29/3f05d804-c850-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_video.html

    MN has a pretty crazy caucus, the last bunch that they threw forth were as crazy if not crazier than Bachmann.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    so ... she's getting caught up in campaign finance issues and now we have a 'criminal' court case set for next Spring involving the theft of a non-profit's mailing list that was later used for campaigning just to name a couple

    today I caught an interview by Martin Basheer with a guy named 'Nichols' (sp?) claiming to be intimately involved in her Presidential campaign and a 'committed' brother to her in Evangelical Christianity ... according to him 'she's a Champion' ... let's see out of 58 pieces of legislation ONE bothered to get anywhere ... she's on two committees have never chaired one nor a sub-committee associated ... but hey 'she's a Champion'

    Martin went on to question this guy and ask him, 'as a Christian perhaps you can explain that if the Congresswoman is such a committed Christian how is it that when reviewing many of her 'claims' that a significant number of her statements have been demonstrated to be categorically false and even about a 1/4 of those determined to be outright lies?'

    so here we have it in the answer ... 'well, Martin, she is a committed Christian and she represents a constituency of Christians and Tea Party members and that constituency as well as the Congresswoman 'Believe' the claims she's made are actually true' ... huh? first off her constituency is the 6th District in MN, next ... so now we see ... facts be damned ... facts? so what? what I want and need to believe trumps the truth and if you invoke the name of God and/or Jesus then you are justified in making **** up and outright lying about people, policies and things in general .... forget the Constitution what about the Ten Commandments?

    Bachmann, going all the way back to her Stillwater School Board days, the state legislator and most recently Congress has consistently been a batshit crazy flake ... she hasn't been 'overwhelmed' by national politics or unfairly targeted by Liburrrl Lamestream Media ... I've met the woman on a number of occassions and I agree with the interviewee ... she's 'believes' the stuff she spouts ... it's not a schztick ... but make no mistake about it ... she's an absolute idiot no matter how much 'Martyr' savior purple you wrap around her in a video ... she's a narcissistic **** and an embarrassment to the GOP and the people of Minnesota
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    "These are the Last Days...you are Jehovah God."
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    I believe you are a eunuch
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    so ... she's getting caught up in campaign finance issues and now we have a 'criminal' court case set for next Spring involving the theft of a non-profit's mailing list that was later used for campaigning just to name a couple

    today I caught an interview by Martin Basheer with a guy named 'Nichols' (sp?) claiming to be intimately involved in her Presidential campaign and a 'committed' brother to her in Evangelical Christianity ... according to him 'she's a Champion' ... let's see out of 58 pieces of legislation ONE bothered to get anywhere ... she's on two committees have never chaired one nor a sub-committee associated ... but hey 'she's a Champion'

    Martin went on to question this guy and ask him, 'as a Christian perhaps you can explain that if the Congresswoman is such a committed Christian how is it that when reviewing many of her 'claims' that a significant number of her statements have been demonstrated to be categorically false and even about a 1/4 of those determined to be outright lies?'

    so here we have it in the answer ... 'well, Martin, she is a committed Christian and she represents a constituency of Christians and Tea Party members and that constituency as well as the Congresswoman 'Believe' the claims she's made are actually true' ... huh? first off her constituency is the 6th District in MN, next ... so now we see ... facts be damned ... facts? so what? what I want and need to believe trumps the truth and if you invoke the name of God and/or Jesus then you are justified in making **** up and outright lying about people, policies and things in general .... forget the Constitution what about the Ten Commandments?

    Bachmann, going all the way back to her Stillwater School Board days, the state legislator and most recently Congress has consistently been a batshit crazy flake ... she hasn't been 'overwhelmed' by national politics or unfairly targeted by Liburrrl Lamestream Media ... I've met the woman on a number of occassions and I agree with the interviewee ... she's 'believes' the stuff she spouts ... it's not a schztick ... but make no mistake about it ... she's an absolute idiot no matter how much 'Martyr' savior purple you wrap around her in a video ... she's a narcissistic **** and an embarrassment to the GOP and the people of Minnesota

    Next time don't hold back and let us know how you really feel.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    if you had ever had to speak with her you'd realize just how close it is to having herpes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.