This is an interesting search

dryfliedryflie Senior MemberPosts: 1,442 Senior Member
The right wing is always clambering about Food stamps. This search displays recipient percent by county. Now NH, which is roughly 1% black receives about $10M a year in assistance. The most republican county we have by far is the largest user at 13% of their population. My county, which is in the southern most part of that state and the most liberal and closest to Boston is at 3%

What does your state/county look like.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/map_of_the_week/2013/04/food_stamp_recipients_by_county_an_interactive_tool_showing_local_snap_data.html
“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Of all the liberals in my county only 8% are receiving food stamps. Next door, with all the conservatives in sherb's county, 12% are receiving food stamps. Obviously, conservatism is an economic failure.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,607 Senior Member
    15% here in Volusia County, FL, but most of the poor folks here are probably illegals that are here picking ferns or doing other ag work. Mind you, some of their employers are the ones screaming that they're here taking jobs from Americans....
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,720 Senior Member
    10% in my county. I thought it would be more.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    16% in Cook County. 5% in next door DuPage.
    dryflie wrote: »
    The right wing is always clambering about Food stamps. This search displays recipient percent by county. Now NH, which is roughly 1% black receives about $10M a year in assistance. The most republican county we have by far is the largest user at 13% of their population. My county, which is in the southern most part of that state and the most liberal and closest to Boston is at 3%

What does your state/county look like.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/map_of_the_week/2013/04/food_stamp_recipients_by_county_an_interactive_tool_showing_local_snap_data.html

the USDA actually has this data by county in their database which is sortable

a few years back when Boehner was on his repetitive social agenda soapbox I went and did a search and sorted the utilization of food assistance by per capita ... while it may no longer hold what resulted is the top 200 counties by per capita utilization of food assistance programs were white, rural and voted red ... so now we know just who 'those people' are
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Eight percent here in Teller County. Nine percent in neighboring El Paso county, home of Focus on the Family. Both counties are extremely conservative.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
    Jamespio wrote: »
    Of all the liberals in my county only 8% are receiving food stamps. Next door, with all the conservatives in sherb's county, 12% are receiving food stamps. Obviously, conservatism is an economic failure.

did these numbers came out of the Bible? if not then we know it's lamestream liberal media lies
    No, those are percentages, not cubits.
    Percentages are the work of da debbil
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    dryflie wrote: »
    My county, which is in the southern most part of that state and the most liberal and closest to Boston is at 3%

I live in that county. BFFs?
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    Eight % here...very Liberal county. That eight % comes mainly from the republican southern third. It is a really poor conservative area, filled with libertarians/tea baggers.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,967 Senior Member
    Twelve percent in a red county.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,873 Senior Member
    Ten percent in a conservative (but not Bachmannesque crazy) Republican county.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I live in that county. BFFs?

OK but no stalking or sexting please.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
    you people

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.