Tim Tebow

123457»

Replies

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,952 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »
    What are his SAT scores?

tebow - 890 (new 2400 scoring system)

te'o - 1540 (same 2400 system) - sounds great until you realize this was equal to a 1050 on the old 1600 system

ryan fitzpatrick - 1580 on the 1600
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,274 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »

Oh Lord, please stop your followers from sticking it in my face, they obviously don't get it....and place a curse the talking heads while you are at it.

If seeing Tebow take a quick knee in the end zone on a tv show you can turn off is "sticking it in one's face" I'd love to see it when Jehovah's Witness come to your door.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,762 Senior Member
    We will remember this response when something offends you.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Buffco wrote: »
    I'd love to see it when Jehovah's Witness come to your door.

I just show them the pentacle on the garage floor where we sacrifice the virgins
    I am really just very polite as I tell them no thank you.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    If seeing Tebow take a quick knee in the end zone on a tv show you can turn off is "sticking it in one's face" I'd love to see it when Jehovah's Witness come to your door.

Apparently, for a lot of Americans, the fact tht some people wanting to have sex in the privacy of their own homes (and keep that legal) and then enjoy the benefits of married life is "sticking it in one's face," too. As is the desire to build a place of worship (at least when that's a mosque), wear certain clothes (if it includes a hejab (sp?)), breastfeed in public, and the list goes on. So, while I agree with you that Tebow while a fool is not what I'd consider a proselityzer, I don't think you'll like where this approach may lead you.
  • I am really just very polite as I tell them no thank you.

As am I. I did door-to-door work (for a secular cause), and I have sympathy for anyone coldcalling at front doors, it's a rough way to work.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,879 Senior Member

That's what I do as well. I politely yet firmly tell them no thanks and the door is closing as I say it so they never get a chance to reply. It doesn't offend me but as a practicing agnostic I get annoyed by repeated religious "drive by" assaults... and yes I get rather annoyed by the "religious posing" by people in professional sports.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

We will remember this response when something offends you.

Go ahead. Name something that ever has.
    Jamespio wrote: »
    Apparently, for a lot of Americans, the fact tht some people wanting to have sex in the privacy of their own homes (and keep that legal) and then enjoy the benefits of married life is "sticking it in one's face," too. As is the desire to build a place of worship (at least when that's a mosque), wear certain clothes (if it includes a hejab (sp?)), breastfeed in public, and the list goes on. So, while I agree with you that Tebow while a fool is not what I'd consider a proselityzer, I don't think you'll like where this approach may lead you.

Go on then. There's nothing you've said that offends me. Especially not the hijab, breastfeeding in public is awesome, who cares if they build a church or mosque somewhere.... The only thing that makes me wince is homosexual marriage, but I'm not exactly protesting that. If it comes to a vote, I'll vote against it, but that's the beginning and ending of my activisim.

For that matter, I don't want hetero sex on my tv because of my kids. Now, if it's just me, I'll watch two doods, two chicks, or a man and woman going at it.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member

This for me also

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Buffco wrote: »

I will bide my time. Something will.
    Now, if it's just me, I'll watch two doods, two chicks, or a man and woman going at it.

Funny I always skip over the love scenes in movies and tv shows.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,023 Senior Member
    I'd love to see it when Jehovah's Witness come to your door.

I like to go to Jehovah Witness neighborhoods, dressed up as the devil, and knock on their door at Halloween.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    when Jehovah's Witness come to your door.

I just kill them with an axe handle and then bury them in a shallow grave out by the airport. That's ok, right?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    As long as you're careful not dig up any Hare Krishna...

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • joekrz wrote: »
    I like to go to Jehovah Witness neighborhoods

I htink those are called "ghettoes."

Jamespio

• yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Tebow's been offered a contract!!!!!!!

By Omaha Beef indoor team.
    Contract offers Tebow $75 a game.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/30/tim-tebow-omaha-beef-contract-offer/2124481/
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Limbaugh weighs in on Tebow.
    “If Tebow would come out as gay today, he could guarantee himself a spot in the NFL tomorrow,” Limbaugh said.
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/limbaugh-if-tim-tebow-came-out-as-gay-he-could-guarantee-himself-a-spot-in-the-nfl/
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
    Limbaugh shouldn't "weigh in" on anything.
  • FlykuniFlykuni Senior Member Posts: 799 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Don't be that way. Here's a pretzel tebowing:

TebowPretzel.jpg

(this pretzel scored a 1400 on its SATs)

This is why they hate us. The Germans.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member

MY friendly Jehovah Witness is a really nice guy. Nothing in your face, we'll talk about the Packers,.....he has never tried to sell me. Now evangelical Lutherans and some Baptists are in a whole other ball park. I love when they smile their little condescending smile and tell me I am going to burn in hell or that I am in the grasp of Satan. Public display is not something Jesus recommended. They are attention ****, not real Christians

nice one Darrell
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.