Gun Lobbyists Assault Rifle Stolen...Beat Goes On

FlykuniFlykuni Senior MemberPosts: 799 Senior Member

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    Mark Kelly stole it to show how easy it is to steal guns from cars in driveways.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FlykuniFlykuni Senior Member Posts: 799 Senior Member
    2A responses, predicting:

1/Let's ban cars, 2/Cars kill burglars, let's promote car use, 3/Parking promotes burglaries, don't park your car and prob is solved, 4/Media lies, lobbyist trying for sympathy as tide turns against him.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,946 Senior Member
    What are they talking about?

a very powerful gun
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    How could this happen? Robbery is illegal.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Buford wrote: »
    What are they talking about?

a very powerful gun

Are you denying a 223 is not more powerful than a 22 cal? I remember a duo killing volk in DC with a 223l from the trunk of a car.

I could have used a 22 when clearing P/Dogs from ranches in SD but would never had had the power for the same caliber and bullet weight is it wasn't chambered in 223.

Or maybe Utard dumb **** had his 308 AR stolen. (the article isn't specific) As the AR comes chambered in both.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »

I could have used a 22 when clearing P/Dogs from ranches in SD but would never had had the power for the same caliber and bullet weight is it wasn't chambered in 223.
    +1
    red mist
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    A Hornady Red Tip 35 grain hollow point at 3200 ft per second makes for a powerful whallop in my book.
    A hollow point at 3200 ft per second makes for a powerful whallop in my book.
    mmmmm.... that makes me giddy
    gotta git me one of those thangs
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,736 Senior Member
    Thanks for posting, Kuni. I was going to post last night after watching the local news but forgot. On the news, the reporters said that the gun was in the guy's car because he was cleaning his garage and used his car for temporary storage of the weapon, which was in a carrying case. If that's his idea of spin and/or damage control it sure is lame. The former AR owner would not grant any on-camera interviews.
    A Hornady Red Tip 35 grain hollow point at 3200 ft per second makes for a powerful whallop in my book.

.220 swift trumps

mist in the mist
    Or maybe dumb **** had his 308 AR stolen. (the article isn't specific) As the AR comes chambered in both.

The article states a AR-15.
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    .220 swift trumps

mist in the mist

Yes but with the heavy barrel I gets to watch the carnage through my scope.
    The article states a AR-15.

Ask the families who've had people killed with this rifle if it wasn't a very powerful gun.
    Ask the families who've had people killed with this rifle if it wasn't a very powerful gun.

I'll leave that to you.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,579 Senior Member
    Why, are you afraid to ask? If you do not want to ask the parents of the children in Newtown, why not ask the family members of the thousands of Iraqis, Afghans, and Vietnamese that have been blown to pieces by this particular round?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

You were expecting Sonny and Cher weren't you?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Iraqis, Afghans, and Vietnamese that have been blown to pieces by this particular round?

Lets keep up the melodramatic. A Mustang is more powerful than a Volkswagen do you really think it matters to the family which car killed their child. The media has to keep the melodrama going by calling a 5.56 X 45 a very high power gun. The question is access to these guns.
    Why, are you afraid to ask??

That's got to be the dumbest question you have ever asked.
    A Mustang is more powerful than a Volkswagen do you really think it matters to the family which car killed their child. The media has to keep the melodrama going
    Totally agree.
    Lets keep up the melodramatic. A Mustang is more powerful than a Volkswagen do you really think it matters to the family which car killed their child. The media has to keep the melodrama going by calling a 5.56 X 45 a very high power gun. The question is access to these guns.

Actually yes if I get hit by a volkswagon going a reasonable speed or a mustang going 100 mph, which one do I stand a better chance of surviving? These rounds and these weapons are chosen by our military for their stopping power. Their ability to kill more efficiently and with fewer chances of leaving an enemy capable of fighting back.

Stop being a child on this issue. There are weapons that are more powerful than others.

Always with the cars with you guys. So lame.
    Are you idiots really going to suggest that if someone walked into a school with a pellet gun he is going to do the same amount of damage he is going to do with a .223?
    Wait.... now I'm an idiot? I thought I was a nut... and when did a pellet gun enter the conversation?
    I'm confused, you win.
    Stolen rifles are almost as deadly as stolen cars if in the wrong hands.
    Just need to barcode everyone, simple. That should keep all kids and adults safe from this wicked wicked world full of evil death tools. Yes!
    swizz wrote: »
    Wait.... now I'm an idiot? I thought I was a nut... and when did a pellet gun enter the conversation?
    I'm confused, you win.

About time you acknowledged the inevitable.

I love it. Only you are allowed to blow someone's argument completely out of proportion. Typical.

so in 1978 my cousin was killed by a drunk driver while walking down her own driveway

her stepfather who was on scene immediately was a physician, her mother ironically was the county coroner ... she died instantly

the guy who killed her had been drinking and getting served by local bars since about 11 AM ... this occurred shortly before 10 PM ... he was so drunk he had no idea what he had done until the next day

no one gave a **** about what car he was driving ... however at the time it was legal in Montana to have open containers in the car ... it was routine to see people having a beer while on a 'long' drive to somewhere and it was also routine not to arrest or prosecute repeat offenders

as a result of losing her olderst daughter needlessly to a drunk who pleaded to a lesser charge of reckless driving and ended up on probation, my aunt went on a crusade resulting in stricter laws, tougher prosecution practices and convictions

now very few people would argue that the idea of getting drunks off the road is a bad idea ... yet at the time she was ridiculed for her efforts and even the Bar Owners association accused her of setting out to destroy their industry and livelihood (sound familiar?)

I guess you could say she used her dead daughter and melodrama ... etc, etc, etc ... but I dare any of you to sprout the balls and say that to her face

in the realm of the idea of public safety and social conscience there's a parallel here
    ... micro-chip implants (GPS capable) at birth are also a great idea I'm toying around with but need to figure out how to make them non-removable, still working on that idea before I present it for critique though
    swizz wrote: »
    Stolen rifles are almost as deadly as stolen cars if in the wrong hands.
    Just need to barcode everyone, simple. That should keep all kids and adults safe from this wicked wicked world full of evil death tools. Yes!

Or how is this, don't leave them out where any common thief can steal them with little or no effort.
    About time you acknowledged the inevitable.
    What is the "inevitable"?
    Barcode tat, micro-chip... maybe both? I'm all for it.
    simple background checks are not satisfactory in my book.
    Or how is this, don't leave them out where any common thief can steal them with little or no effort.
    That's not enough, can't trust anyone to not leave things out.... there should be a test too, so we know they can be trusted with responsibility
    Or you can just throw the guy in jail for being so **** stupid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.