Home The Lodge

The Lone Ranger

Are we supposed to be upset by Johnny Depp playing Tonto?
[he claims Native American heritage...probably about as much as what's her name in Massachusetts]

Replies

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    [he claims Native American heritage...probably about as much as what's her name in Massachusetts]

Would'nt have been my choice----Maybe he got the feeling from this older flick he did
    The original Tonto "Jay Silverheels" came from 6 Nations in Southern Ontario.

I guess Wes Studi was busy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6aCMgy0ES4
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I also don't think Johnny Depp was ever a pirate in real life.

[outrage!]
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,228 Senior Member
    Look at the what the Music industry forces down our throats these days. Why would the movie industry be any different?
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I don't think that **** ever had a real scissors disability, either.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    He does have a mentally challenged Leo DiCaprio as a brother though.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Robert Downey Jr. playing an Australian playing an urban African American soldier in Vietnam, now there's something. I'm going to Lone Ranger just to ID the set locations. They spent a fortune filming here.

Steven: don't go Full **** on us, OK?
    I'm more upset that the character Tonto is being played by Captain Jack Sparrow in drag than what the actor's race is
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,554 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »

Interesting how any ethnicity can play an Italian-American or a Jew and nobody gets upset. In Mobsters the only Italian in the cast plays a Jew, what is up with that?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    'Chief' Iron Eyes Cody
    Let's be thankful it's not Tom Cruse.
    ouzelpro wrote: »
    Robert Downey Jr. playing an Australian playing an urban African American soldier in Vietnam, now there's something. I'm going to Lone Ranger just to ID the set locations. They spent a fortune filming here.

Steven: don't go Full **** on us, OK?

You used the word ****, that is deeply offensive and punishable by a momma grizzly kicking you in the toodles.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    but then again Ouzel knows a paper tigress when he see's one
    But why are not all the people getting apoplectic about Bill Maher storming his castle? Could it be that in reality they know that it is not worth getting all bent out of shape?
    or maybe because they weren't a blind drunk pretend journalist from Breibart they got the context and realized it was about Fox and not the precious Princess

the douchetard got kicked out of the venue so he then decided to act like the **** he is
    If only it stopped with the blind drunk "journalist."
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,226 Senior Member
    . I'm going to Lone Ranger just to ID the set locations. They spent a fortune filming here.

They filmed here for Public Enemies. Part of it 50 miles from my house at Little Bohemia...

http://littlebohemialodge.com/
    no ... the rest of the pretend cyber journalists all joined in because it just fit with what they know in their hearts

when you are a self righteous rightwad facts never matter
    I used Full **** in the context used in the movie, Tropic Thunder. As applied to Steven's trolling efforts, its use is warranted and absolutely hilarious.
    you need to turn on your network filter so it comes out 'Full Special'
    I know. Some have been banned for less.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,661 Senior Member
    Back to the Lone Ranger:

I think it would be great if they include a little cameo scene where LR and Tonto, for whatever reason, are in an opera house and the the Wm. Tell overture is playing.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,661 Senior Member
    I know. Some have been banned for less.

Their letters requesting unbanning were not, I say not, written on the back of a $50 dollar bill. Tontos!
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    I think it would be better if they include a DOMA joke. T & LR may be the first Western Gay couple.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement