Home The Lodge

Where are the Zimmerman trial updates?

Replies

• yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Hey Buffy. How would you react to some black guy following you around at night in YOUR neighborhood? Run like a little girl, or what?
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I don't believe he premeditated it either

But he did say one thing in the interview post shooting (listened to the tape during trial this morning)

Para ... There's been one hanging around a lot lately, those people are always coming out after dark ... (Later when asked identified the element he referred to as African American)

Maybe he didn't set out to deliberately kill the kid but he did set out with an attitude ... Plus none of the witnesses (which he claims he saw in his peripheral vision) corroborate the supposed verbal altercation leading up to the fight in which he claims he was saying he didn't want trouble ...
    I'm watching his testimony via the Po Po video at the scene. There are bushes but they are so low and tight to the bldgs that hiding behind them would be hard even for a two yr old.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Yeah, like I said. We get it, Zimmerman was a **** for leaving the car. But thank goodness there are no laws against being a ****.

But I doubt very seriously Zimmerman went to kill that kid. Sure, he was a commando-cop wannabe, sure he was looking for trouble rather than practicing avoidance. But I don't believe you are actually suggesting he went out, gun in hand, looking to gun down some stranger in his neighborhood. Something happened that caused him to pull the gun and shoot. Whether or not it was enough to justify a self-defense shooting or not is up to the jury.

Shouldn't that be enough? I think that if it can be established that he went looking for trouble, and that he already decided in his mind that "this was going to be him or me" and he was pre-disposed to shooting someone if it came down to it, then it is not a leap of faith to say he pre-judged what the circumstances would be and shot him when his life was never actually in any danger.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »
    Hey Buffy. How would you react to some black guy following you around at night in YOUR neighborhood? Run like a little girl, or what?

**** right I'd run. He may have a gun. I'm not stupid like Martin was, if indeed he did confront Zimmerman.

Remember. Avoidance. It works on both sides. Neither party adhered to it.
    You flunked

The answer always is ... mo' guns
    **** right I'd run. He may have a gun. I'm not stupid like Martin was, if indeed he did confront Zimmerman.

Remember. Avoidance. It works on both sides. Neither party adhered to it.

oh really Trayvon ran at one point.
    It's getting so's a body can't walk down the street any more
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    It's getting so's a body can't walk down the street any more, without some yahoo with a gun thinking he's Charles Bronson following you around.

finished it for ya
    This is the same state and area that let Casy Anthony walk.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,314 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    This is the same state and area that let Casy Anthony walk.
    That was due to the state not allowing the jury any leeway in reducing the sentence. If they'd have allowed the jury to charge her with a lesser charge, she probably would have been convicted. However her charge (murder in the first or second I think) would have carried mandatory sentences too severe for what she was guilty of.
    greenman wrote: »
    oh really Trayvon ran at one point.

He certainly didn't continue to do so, did he? At some point, contact was made. I don't believe Zimmerman was looking for fisticuffs. I DO believe he had a hard on because he had a gun and was all "community watch" and junk, but he wasn't looking to fight or even shoot. I'm sure he would've loved to hold him till the police arrived, but that's about it. I fully believe that Martin wanted to fight. And not because he was afeared for his life.
    He certainly didn't continue to do so, did he? At some point, contact was made. I don't believe Zimmerman was looking for fisticuffs. I DO believe he had a hard on because he had a gun and was all "community watch" and junk, but he wasn't looking to fight or even shoot. I'm sure he would've loved to hold him till the police arrived, but that's about it. I fully believe that Martin wanted to fight. And not because he was afeared for his life.

If Martin ran, why did Zimm give chase? At that point it's up to the cops. Zimmerman provoked Martin by chasing him.

In the interview tape he was still referring to Trayvon as "the suspect", even though he was also well aware that he had killed him.

'Suspected' of what? No crime had even taken place or been reported before he went law dog.
    And practically cornering him. Let's look at it from what may have been Trayvon's perspective.

He's coming back from the store with some Skittles and a drink. It's dark and rainy. He has his hoodie up. A guy in a truck sees him and follows him. Never rolls the window down and asks him any questions never tells him he's community watch ect. Just follows him hence the Creepy **** Cracker label. Trayvon tries to ditch the Creepy **** Cracker and the guy follows him. Then Trayvon runs. Zimster the wanna be cop follows. Looking at the map Trayvon may have tried to double back and here's this Creepy **** Cracker again. Maybe he's tired of this crap and like some teenage boys when pushed by aholes will get up in your grill. But the Zimster has a "forgotten gun" on him. Does he ask Trayvon about why he's in the area does he attempt to get any of the other residents in the complex involved before following Trayvon? What about the other "Watch" folks in the complex why didn't he call them? Cuz he's packing a gun and that would be against "watch" rules?

Zimmerman says that Trayvon said, "You got a problem?" and Zimmerman says "NO". Why didn't Zimmerman just say, "Look I'm community watch do you live in the complex?" Why the gun it's called "watch" not "watch then chase while armed and confront"?
    No ... Because he should have known to cower and provide ID and beg not to be handed over to the police

It was after dark and he knew better

All those defending Zimmerman likely would never have stood for some stranger coming up and demanding to know who they are what they are doing walking down the street
    monkeydoes wrote: »

All those defending Zimmerman likely would never have stood for some stranger coming up and demanding to know who they are what they are doing walking down the street

yea but he was "an **** about to get away". Zimmerman the judge jury and executioner.
    Not that I'm paying any more attention to this than any trial since OJ, but if Trayvon ran, how did Zimmerman keep up? Was he in his car?

Martin was skinny, 6' 3" and into sports (sounds like my son at that age). Zimmerman was a fat slob.
    Yes Zimmerman followed him until he left the pavement and took off behind some apartments. Then the Zimster exits his car and pursues Trayvon. I don't think Zimmerman ever ran. Trayvon's path on the map shows he covered more ground than George. #4 on the interactive map.

http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/2013/06/17/zimmerman-trayvon-map-interactive

At #6 on the map is where George tells dispatch he's getting out of his truck to "get an address" and dispatch asks "are you following him?" George says "yes" then dispatch respondes "we don't need you to do that". But in the interview taped by the police George is well into the complex when he says he was turning around to go back " to get an address and dispatch had told him "we don't need you to do that".
    Really? You walked from one street across part of the complex to another street then turned around to "get an address".

Then he tells them he will meet them at the mailboxes. He's to hell and back from the mailbox when this all goes wrong.
    Steven wrote: »
    . Zimmerman was a fat slob.

He's even fatter now. Gained 120 lbs so says da media. 47%er!
    His excuse to the investigator is that he needed to go over past the houses to see what street he was on ... You know living in the neighborhood and all out on patrol n all ...

This also took place 'after' dispatch had informed him a squad was on the way ... Also, he hung up on the dispatcher ... Interesting thing this ... I have been involved in two different 911 calls ... The last as recently as last December when I was the first on a scene of a single car accident ... In both situations the dispatcher did not want me hanging up until first responders had arrived.

Z-man hung up and took off after Martin after being told to stay in the car.
    Also note on the map where Zimmerman's house is and where Trayvon's staying with his dad. Then look at the foot routes taken by Trayvon and George. Trayvon seems to be heading home and trying to loose the Creepy **** Cracker by getting off the road and walking through the complex. Zimmerman's foot pursuit path crosses Trayvon's twice and Zimmerman doesn't say he's "watch" or ask if Trayvon is lost.

Nope. Trayvon's an "**** who's about to get away!"
    I'm still searching this thread looking for those that defended Zimmerman. Haven't found any yet, but still at it....
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,119 Senior Member
    Well Kevin said so.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Well Kevin said so.

Kevin said what?

Sent from my HTC One X

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

He certainly didn't continue to do so, did he? At some point, contact was made. I don't believe Zimmerman was looking for fisticuffs. I DO believe he had a hard on because he had a gun and was all "community watch" and junk, but he wasn't looking to fight or even shoot.

I fail to see how you can come to this conclusion.
    I fully believe that Martin wanted to fight. And not because he was afeared for his life.

and this makes absolutely no ****ing sense. It could also lead to some real nasty accusations.

The only person here who felt a sense of duty, while seeing a potential for hostility from the get go was Zimmerman
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I'm still searching this thread looking for those that defended Zimmerman. Haven't found any yet, but still at it....

Try here...
    He certainly didn't continue to do so, did he? At some point, contact was made. I don't believe Zimmerman was looking for fisticuffs. I DO believe he had a hard on because he had a gun and was all "community watch" and junk, but he wasn't looking to fight or even shoot.
    What exactly are you guys discussing here? Only a bunch of truly clueless white dudes would look at this situation and "wonder" whether Trayvon being a black youth had anything to do with him ending up dead. Only a bunch of people who don't understand how the human psyche works would look at this and wonder whether Zimmerman was looking for a fight. And only a bunch of right wing "stand your grounders" would wonder whether Zimmerman ought to be punished for what he did that night. The only thing left is whether he will be, a matter which is still considerably up in the air. So what is it you guys are managing to argue about in this thread?
    Jamespio wrote: »
    What exactly are you guys discussing here? Only a bunch of truly clueless white dudes would look at this situation and "wonder" whether Trayvon being a black youth had anything to do with him ending up dead. Only a bunch of people who don't understand how the human psyche works would look at this and wonder whether Zimmerman was looking for a fight. And only a bunch of right wing "stand your grounders" would wonder whether Zimmerman ought to be punished for what he did that night. The only thing left is whether he will be, a matter which is still considerably up in the air. So what is it you guys are managing to argue about in this thread?

I actually think its a fairly high-level discussion for this board. Lots of arguments from the available evidence. Its actually been good to read.

Come down off your high horse, Pio. :) These are potential jurors talking. Let them talk.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,996 Senior Member
    Jamespio wrote: »
    Only a bunch of truly clueless white dudes would look at this situation and "wonder" whether Trayvon being a black youth had anything to do with him ending up dead.
    It's implied in our discussion about Zimmerman's comments to the dispatcher.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement