Home The Lodge

Where are the Zimmerman trial updates?

bakerloobakerloo BannedPosts: 980 Senior Member
Well?
I don't have time to follow it right now, so I look to this forum for your arm chair prosecutor opinions.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I learned that "Creepy **** Cracker" is not a racial comment on Wednesday.
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    Was it "Creepy ****, Cracker" or "Creepy, **** Cracker?"
    Either way, I'm glad it's not racist. I will save it future use.
    I learned that when it's a black kid that the other guy with the gun is the victim ... especially if he thinks he's Bruce Willis because McClane's paranoia was right on the money in all those movies
    "Creepy **** Cracker" no pause. Which is kind of funny cause I grew up in Florida before they referred to each other as Floridians you might be called a "cracker" and were feed to Confederate Soldiers. This because bread didn't keep for **** in the humid environment of Florida or other places in the south and crackers with salt lasted much longer. Being called a "snowbird" was more offensive where I lived, but there's also the other definition of "cracker" that comes from black folk which means you're all white and rigid.
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    the other definition of "cracker" that comes from black folk which means you're all white and rigid.

So are "those people" jealous of our rigidity because they are flaccid?
    Rigid = tight **** white boy. Did you not go to school with any brothers?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    The whole strategy so far is to discredit the witness that says that Trayvon Martin was screaming for George Zimmerman to get off of him just before the gunshots by making an issue of her grammar.

I think if you are trying to defend someone who is accused of being racially motivated, it is probably not a good idea to sound like you are being a racist yourself. He even commented on the fact that she was an Haitian and that people would not be able to understand her, even though she is perfectly understandable.

If I were Zimmerman I would fire my lawyer and sue him for malpractice.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    discredit away ... granted she's not the sharpest tool in the shed but he was looking pretty much like a bully at times .... especially so when she stated she couldn't read cursive ... if any jurors have kids with learning disabilities that one ain't gonna sit too well

you still have three other witnesses at the scene who pour alot of water on Zimmerman's claims and put him in an difficult spot deciding whether or not to take the stand himself
    Some schools don't teach cursive anymore. If you've not learned how to write it reading it isn't going to any easier. I'm not seating on the jury but when they play the dispatch phone call when Zimmerman was told to "stay in your car" wouldn't fly right with me.
    The whole strategy so far is to discredit the witness that says that Trayvon Martin was screaming for George Zimmerman to get off of him just before the gunshots by making an issue of her grammar.

I think if you are trying to defend someone who is accused of being racially motivated, it is probably not a good idea to sound like you are being a racist yourself. He even commented on the fact that she was an Haitian and that people would not be able to understand her, even though she is perfectly understandable.

Haitian? She didn't sound Haitian to me. Does he have a Haitian knock, knock joke coming later?
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    discredit away ... granted she's not the sharpest tool in the shed but he was looking pretty much like a bully at times .... especially so when she stated she couldn't read cursive ... if any jurors have kids with learning disabilities that one ain't gonna sit too well

you still have three other witnesses at the scene who pour alot of water on Zimmerman's claims and put him in an difficult spot deciding whether or not to take the stand himself

I think this is the one that is supposed to have the most devastating *testimony.

*Thanks a lot George!
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

While your comments are very insightful we don't know what the six women on the jury will think, it's Florida after all.
    greenman wrote: »
    While your comments are very insightful we don't know what the six women on the jury will think, it's Florida after all.

Mark Geragos seems to think this is the perfect jury for the defense.
    Bringing up the Haitian angle is not relevant and plays to a segment of Florida that sees Haitians as unChristian Voodoo juju.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,281 Senior Member
    I haven't kept up on it at all. Lack of interest.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 9,006 Senior Member
    Was there a second call from zimmerman during the fight? I looked up the 911 transcript yesterday and read something zimmerman was supposed to have said to the dispatcher, and now I can't find it.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    joekrz wrote: »
    I haven't kept up on it at all. Lack of interest.

I know keeping track of Kim and Kanye's hairy baby takes effort.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,281 Senior Member
    think unibrow.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,255 Senior Member
    Bream, are you stocked up in case he gets a innocent verdict?
    Nice racial assumption.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    I'm still catching up with Jody Arias.

I'm down with the kinky.
    Ah The Blaze. How nice.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,255 Senior Member
    Of course... Rightwads...
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,316 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    Bream, are you stocked up in case he gets a innocent verdict?
    Yep. Got 3 bottles of whiskey, a case of TP, and 6,000 ball bearings for my slingshot. I'm ready.

Yea and the fact people post stupid **** on Twitter all the time. I assume Paula Dean is gonna host the pre-riot party.

at least you finally recognize it for what it is

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement