Home The Lodge

My contribution to the lodge.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Now that's a lawsuit I can get behind.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    They speak French up there. I felt that I was discriminated against because Anglo-Saxon and whatnot.

Also, some McDonald's worker asked me "Avez-vous un cafe?" (You have coffee?) and I commented that "vous" seemed a bit formal for a McDonald's. But, as it turns out, "vous" is commonly used when younger people address older people, so I feel that I have a solid cause of action for age discrimination.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    McDonald's

Your colon should sue you.
    His colon likely engaged in what hte lawyers call "self-help."
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,674 Senior Member
    Them's real salmon, not silvery dog chum. Nice!
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    Them's real salmon, not silvery dog chum. Nice!

You mean like the ones in Lake Michigan? Or Erie?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

You mean like the ones in Lake Michigan? Or Erie?

Erie has some Kings and Coho stocked by NY and Ohio. PA stocks only steelhead fry and fingerlings, and that is all I have ever caught or seen caught in the PA streams I fish. Kings and Cohos are nice fish, but there is something very special about wild Atlantic Salmon - both on the line and on the table.

If you have fished for bass, I would use the analogy that Atlantics are to smallmouth as Pacifics are to largemouth.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    I've caught a Coho or two in my day, never out of Michigan or Erie, just Superior. Caught a few Steelhead too.

I'm sure the thrill of catching a Atlantic Salmon would be a lot fun. I haven't had the time to do it, but I'm about 3 hours from ocean run Steelhead which I look forward to doing.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

I would love to go for ocean run Steelhead, but I doubt I will have the opportunity any time soon. I do get an occasional shot at Sea Trout (sea-run browns)and Salters (sea-run Brookies). I read somewhere that in any given population of salmonids about 15% will have the urge to migrate out to sea (or a Great Lake).

BTW, you're closer than I am. The Erie tribs are a six hour drive for me, but the sea and Chesapeake Bay are only two or three.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement