What are you listening to now?

FishTXFishTX Super ModeratorPosts: 7,967 Senior Member
"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Replies

• Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    I was actually just checking out Lamb of God videos because I'll be shooting their concert on Sunday night and wanted to see what I was in for......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWkhCxCcWSE

Can't say that I really see much difference between a GOOD metal band, and a mediocre one, most of the time......
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Hextall posted about Slacker Radio awhile back, I'm hooked now... Listening to Carrie Underwood..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,708 Senior Member
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,967 Senior Member
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • oc stomiasoc stomias Senior Member Posts: 348 Senior Member
    Leningrad Cowboys Go America is probably the finest Finnish film ever made.

I've been listening to a lot of Dexter Gordon lately.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,878 Senior Member
    Been listening to Tame Impala (among others) quite a bit lately. They are some youngsters from Australia. Most of their music sounds like late 60's early 70's

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,720 Senior Member
    I was actually just checking out Lamb of God videos because I'll be shooting their concert on Sunday night and wanted to see what I was in for......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWkhCxCcWSE

Can't say that I really see much difference between a GOOD metal band, and a mediocre one, most of the time......

I cannot stand vocalists like that. Good heavy metal should still be musical.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Hah, since you ask, I saw the Mahler second symphony "the Resurrection" performed last night at Denver University. 120 musicians, including an organ and 3 harps, and 100 member choir. 2 hours straight with no intermission. In the relatively small theater the sound was overwhelming, and simply awesome. And yes i do listen to rock and other music as well. But that was a unique experience.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    I cannot stand vocalists like that. Good heavy metal should still be musical.

i tend to agree, but more importantly I want to be able to at least pretend I can understand the lyrics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.