Yosemite

is working overtime this year on the human gene pool

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43815801/ns/us_news-life/

"According to NBC Fresno affiliate KSEE, witnesses said a man and woman climbed over the guardrail for a better view of the 320-foot waterfall.

They reportedly encouraged their children to climb over too. Before the children climbed over the rail the parents began to slip, KSEE reported. A male family member who jumped over the guardrail to help also fell over the edge of the falls, KSEE said."

It was also reported that this year alone 8 people have died in similar incidents related to high runoff levels in the park.

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    I was gonna make a joke until I saw the kids reference. Gee you think the park service put that guardrail there for a reason.
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    Too many people think it is Disney Land...These are real waterfalls.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
    It ain't Disney Land and the ride didn't end in a gift shop. This is really sad.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    I feel sorry for the kids.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,255 Senior Member
    Why do they think they call it a guard rail?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Why kaints thays turn oft the water during the day? Don't theys turnd it oft at naight?

We should dam that waderfall and teachit a lessun.
    ouzelpro wrote: »
    Why kaints thays turn oft the water during the day? Don't theys turnd it oft at naight?

We should dam that waderfall and teachit a lessun.

or remove the guardrail and promote it as an ATV trail
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,020 Senior Member
    I like the way you think, Monkey. "Let's rip it up! YEE-HAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa................."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.