Home The Lodge

Tim Tebow

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 5,922 Senior Member
    You know, with this thread I don't miss haverodwilltravel as much. We gots a new spittle source!
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »
    Prove it. They're all Teblow except Kaepernik and it was attached with both of them. Steven said he only did it on the sidelines. Wrong.

Reverse image search
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Boo-hoo. Tebow did prayer stuffs while I was watching tv. I'm all offended and junk. He took a knee for like, 2.6 seconds.

That's shoving it down your throat?

Oh, and Watchtower is Jehovah's Witness.

Not surprised you missed the sarcasm that he'll disavow his Christian faith when he finds out Jesus won't get him another job as quarterback in the NFL.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,122 Senior Member
    I am at a loss as to why it matters if he does it in the end zone or on the field.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven said he only did it on the sidelines. Wrong.

Wrong. Seriously, you should never talk about Bush's intelligence or lack of it again.

Steven's endzone comments were to where the Tebowing meme started. You are the Trig Palin of the Lodge.
    I am at a loss as to why it matters if he does it in the end zone or on the field.

Because Yat Palin up there thinks he's discovered a gotcha moment on Steven.
    Hextall wrote: »
    This proves nothing. It's still Tebow doing his thing IN THE ENDZONE. The only part computer generated is the addition of Kappy. With his helmet on skateboard boy.
    It's from this, Copernicus:
    Yat, I found another picture of Tebow Tebowing on the Jets. AND IT'S IN THE ENDZONE!!!

9020nll7.jpg
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Wrong. Seriously, you should never talk about Bush's intelligence or lack of it again.

Steven's endzone comments were to where the Tebowing meme started. You are the Trig Palin of the Lodge.

Ding-ding. Thank you. I'm glad I didn't have to go back, find the post, and explain this.
    Because Yat Palin up there thinks he's discovered a gotcha moment on Steven.

Psychosis much?
    Well... in his defense... I"m doing the same thing to him that he thought he was doing to you.

So yes... psychosis.

Actually, the first time it became news, it was on the sideline.

The point I tried to make was that it's tough to make the argument that he's trying to shove his religion down our throat or using if for publicity, if the first time he was seen doing it (which gave rise to Tebowing and all the publicity), was by himself over on the sideline.
    Origins of the Tebowing Meme: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/10/27/the-story-behind-the-tebowing-crazy/10368/

"Kleinstein had noticed during the telecast of the game that Tebow was kneeling on the sidelines in prayer while the rest of his teammates were celebrating."
    I kiss the Star of David hanging around my neck and point to G-d every time I post, and Yat writes something crazy in response.
    I do a front side ollie off my desk at work as my touchdown dance.
    The thread is about Tebow. If you want to pile on me go ahead. Still doesn't make Tebow a qualified NFL quarterback.
    He's a hack who has terrible mechanics and can't throw.
    Hextall. He'll never come over and play Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam on your Playstation no matter how many love letters you send him.
    Well that wasn't the last time he did it now was it? Now I suspect that quite a bit of this is because he believes that God wants him to do it. But it does reflect a bit of a lack of humility. That is not WJWD or as he instructed. But that is neither here nor there and I never said he was shoving anything down anyone's throat. It just looks silly and if you think people are not going to make fun of something that looks stupid regardless of what religious connotations are placed on it, you weren't born in America. We make fun of everything.

BTW I also think it is a bit naive to think that he didn't understand that cameras are on him at all times or that 50,000 fans in the stands cannot see what he is doing.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven wrote: »
    Actually, the first time it became news, it was on the sideline.

The point I tried to make was that it's tough to make the argument that he's trying to shove his religion down our throat or using if for publicity, if the first time he was seen doing it (which gave rise to Tebowing and all the publicity), was by himself over on the sideline.
    And he immediately took the chance to exploit it every chance he got after that.
    Don't be that way. Here's a pretzel tebowing:

TebowPretzel.jpg

(this pretzel scored a 1400 on its SATs)
    He may autograph your skateboard shoes if you send them to him with return postage. Of course he may charge you for the autograph too.
    It might be like that... but it also can be a genuine reflection and thanks to his god. Everything I"ve read about Tebow is that he's very genuine in his religious displays. I'm not sure why that should be a strike against the guy... I think it's stupid to eat a cardboard wafer and pretend it's Jesus's body, but if it gives religious chubbies to others, no skin of my back.

In most examples of why Tebow grates on people, the angst usually stems from actions of other people (Fox, ESPN, McDaniel, NFL religious players, etc). I don't get why that's Tebow's fault.

I don't blame Tebow for other people having a problem with his public displays of religiousity.

I missed this one the first time. This is pretty much what I think on the matter as well.
    And he immediately took the chance to exploit it every chance he got after that.

He's been doing the Tebowing thing for a while. It only became a thing that people noticed when the intertubes started making fun of it.

tebow.jpg

or maybe he just thought that was what was expected of him. It is not like he is making money off the deal.

Making fun of him is one thing. But making this into a big deal is another. He is not a politician for crying out loud, he is a 22 year old football player.
    or maybe he just thought that was what was expected of him.

Or he's been doing it all along (see picture, one post up).

Smooch, point.

By leading the Bronco's to a few more victories and a playoff win.

Look, Tebow isn't an NFL QB. Nobody here is arguing that. But that said, a little more than a year ago, he led your team to the playoffs. He deserves a little more spotlight than say a Cade McNown.
    It only became a thing that people noticed when the intertubes started making fun of it.

He should have stuck to covering his face with his hand. It is more appropriate to his talent.
    Steven wrote: »
    But that said, a little more than a year ago, he led your team to the playoffs.

Well... let's slow down a little bit. I recently took a plane to Disney, but I didn't call myself the pilot.
    Dude played college sports at the D-1 level. That alone makes him a helluva athlete whether he ever succeeded at the pro level or not.
    Well... let's slow down a little bit. I recently took a plane to Disney, but I didn't call myself the pilot.

Tebow was just a bit more integral than you sitting in coach. Yes, the defense was great, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement