People, everything is going to be ok.

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member
This will be Tim McCarver's last year calling games. We make it through this season, and it's smooth sailing to Easy Street, USA!

Replies

• truco7mateotruco7mateo Senior Member Posts: 192 Senior Member
    now if we could just get rid of Joe Buck.............
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I believe it was an interracial gay couple* who sang, You take the good you take the bad, you take them both and there you have.. the facts of life. The facts of life.

* Phil Rizzuto and Vin Scully.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    thank god ...
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    This is the first good news we have received during spring training.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    If I knew who Tim McCarver was, or what he was announcing, would I think this was funny?

'cause I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,689 Senior Member
    The unsilver lining is that this would create a vacuum that Bob Costas could fill.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Tim McCarver is no laughing matter. Deion Sanders greatest contribution to sports was the day he dumped water on Tim McCarver.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • truco7mateotruco7mateo Senior Member Posts: 192 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    The unsilver lining is that this would create a vacuum that Bob Costas could fill.
    Are you sure about that, Costas has double the brain power but is half the size of McCarver.:)
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    If I knew who Tim McCarver was, or what he was announcing, would I think this was funny?

'cause I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

He's a baseball announcer for Fox sports. He's terrible and a pox on my ability to enjoy this format of entertainment. Many people across this great land despise him. So this is the best news with respect to sports entertainment since Jesus put on his illegal rugby headgear.

This is serious business and not a joke.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,947 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    He's a baseball announcer for Fox sports. He's terrible and a pox on my ability to enjoy this format of entertainment. Many people across this great land despise him. So this is the best news with respect to sports entertainment since Jesus put on his illegal rugby headgear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

yankee balls will soon be dirty without their chief washer
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Hextall wrote: »

he was only marginal at first base and behind the plate too
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,297 Senior Member
    Baseball sucks.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Beelzebub just called: He's giving everyone in Hell a sip of water over the news of McCarver's retirement.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.