Soooo, I just called three of the local gun shops.....

truco7mateotruco7mateo Senior MemberPosts: 192 Senior Member
I am not looking for anything special. Okay, nothing really super special but not all over the place either, just a little beretta bobcat in 22 cal. for desert trout fishing. Even a taurus knock off right? Here is the quote of the week for me from all three of these gentlemen, almost verbatim......"Dude, where have you been for the last 6 weeks? We can't even keep our shelves stocked with basic pistols"

Open statement from truco to these red state morons who happen to be my neighbors and even friends. You stupid paranoid freaks $%#&^%*@$#%. Get a grip on reality, no one is going to ban your guns you dumb pendejos. Government officials are not going to come knocking on your door to inspect your arsenal. Seriously, a 22 pistol? So, I have to special order this gun now just so I have a flip up barrel for snake shot the next time I am humping the desert and find myself standing on a den of rattlesnakes while chasing desert trout? Really? I probably should have just asked if they had any bushmasters in stock! What a joke.

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Not sure what's happening down south but try and buy 22LR. Was looking at a 22 rifle for plinking but salesman said- got the gun, but no ammo..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    bizzdness be guuder

hey bunker freakers?

link us to one legitimate piece of legislation that's assigned to committee for debate and hearing that has a snowball's chance in hell of making it through the Congress and onto the Dark Overlord's desk
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Saw a story just recently, Cops are have a tough time buying Ammo.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,942 Senior Member
    monkeydoes wrote: »

hey bunker freakers?

Greenman maybe? I can't think of any others.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    dryflie wrote: »
    Saw a story just recently, Cops are have a tough time buying Ammo.

Barney only needs one bullet
    Greenies a freaker?? I want pictures...

Mike
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    Welcome to what the rest of us have been dealing with since December.

22 ammo is now the scarcest item in all of gun world now.
    ricinus wrote: »

Mike

He said he had over a thousand rounds of ammo. That certainly fits the profile.
    December?

this **** started ramping up early last summer and is just the latest round of the paranoia scam that gets run over n over again by the NRA starting back in the early '90s when they discovered how to swell their membership ranks and boost advert rates in American Rifleman
    ricinus wrote: »

Mike

I know Dave and all I can say is ... 'stone cold'
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Desert trout fishing? Like, where, the Deschutes?

Why would 22 ammo be the toughest to find, because its the cheapest? (scratching head)
    They are giving away memberships right now. Not happy about the $300.00 Life membership.
    ouzelpro wrote: »

Why would 22 ammo be the toughest to find, because its the cheapest? (scratching head)

This would be my guess.
  • truco7mateotruco7mateo Senior Member Posts: 192 Senior Member
    I don't want the ammo, I want the **** pistol! Dude, where we live, we carry 2 spare tires because you may not see someone else for a good long time......for some poor bastiches, that means spring thaw when their corspes start to break down. You know, out in the middle of no mans land? Fishing and hunting out here aint a game. You carry enough crap to get out of sticky situations..... but carrying a 357 or 45 is pretty bulky and it is best to cut down on weight and that is why I want a simple little 22 beretta.
    Maybe you stand in the water where the fishes is, instead of in the sagebrush where they ain't.
    Dear Sherbert,
    Stop being a **** and come and play where truco plays and then you will find out that snakes swim pretty **** well.
    respectfully, truco
    ps, ask Micah, he thought he would go cross country in one of my spots, changed his mind after about 3 seconds
    Buford wrote: »
    They are giving away memberships right now. Not happy about the $300.00 Life membership.

you're unhappy about $300

think how I feel about dropping a grand?

take heart though ... if you aren't happy about spending $300 on a life membership they will gladly let you buy a super duper life membership for mo' money that way this time you will gits to be im poe tent

No, the deschutes is for goons who don't know how to find big fat desert trout. Actually, a buddy of mine who has an outfitting business one the the juan have had this discussion, redbands would do well in new mexico, they have adapted to feeding in 70+ degree water. If NM would reach out and spend the money for the fry or eggs, you guys could rock it big time.
    December?

Sigh.. Sandy Hook is when it turned into a drug fueled paranoid schizophrenic, before that it was just crazy.

I guess, that and everybody has a 22. So the dumb masses get into hoarding mode, and then it feeds on itself. Now everybody is panicking because there is no 22 ammo, so the stupid hoarders camp out at Walmart and buy it up as soon as it arrives, just because it's scarce.....which just makes it even scarcer.

It's us consumers that are diving this bus. It possess people like me off, I probably only buy a brick of 22 ammo once every 4 years..
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,854 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Welcome to what the rest of us have been dealing with since December.

22 ammo is now the scarcest item in all of gun world now.

Followed closely by 9 mm. I went to the gun shop by my house this morning and they told me they can't keep it on the shelves for longer than a day. I'm in the wrong business.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

What's hilarious* is I started getting into reloading just before Sandy Hook. I now have a few hundred dollars worth of reloading equipment that I can't get components for. What components I CAN get are outrageously priced. So, I'll sit and wait out the mouth breathing idiots that are causing the panic.

*Not hilarious
    Sigh.. Sandy Hook is when it turned into a drug fueled paranoid schizophrenic, before that it was just crazy.

you are so young

this is a replay of '92 nothing new at all ... you think Sandy Hook was something ... try Waco, Ruby Ridge, OK City, MT Freemen ... this is only barely average ... you think it's 'new' and that's precisely what they count on ... the 20 and 30 somethings that weren't old enough to be paying attention the last time

FTR ... the last go round? at Butler Creek the UPS truck would show up maybe twice a week for shipments ... in the post Clinton election days and run up to the first AW ban the UPS trucks rolled in AM and again PM each day and the plant ran 3 instead of the full time 1 and part time 2nd shifts
    you're unhappy about $300

think how I feel about dropping a grand?

I want to say I paid $750.00.
    again, it isn't the ammunition that is the problem, I can go and get 10 bricks of 22 right now if I want. Anything else, I can load myself, I have enough bullets/powder/primers to last forever. I just want a 250 dollar little pistol that is light so I don't have to carry a behemoth in its place......and yes, there are way more guns than people in Idaho. Target shooting is for poontahs, we actually have to shoot things sometimes for real reasons, it happens, we get over it pretty quick and don't make a big deal over it.
    No no. I know it's not new. I just meant there was a SHARP increase in the panic buying (which was already present before) immediately following S.H.
    What's hilarious* is I started getting into reloading just before Sandy Hook. I now have a few hundred dollars worth of reloading equipment that I can't get components for. What components I CAN get are outrageously priced. So, I'll sit and wait out the mouth breathing idiots that are causing the panic.

*Not hilarious
    One of my first memories was reloading. I actually have the reloading bench in storage right biw...... made of western cedar my old man fell in the 50's. It is a beautiful bench to say the least.
    No no. I know it's not new. I just meant there was a SHARP increase in the panic buying (which was already present before) immediately following S.H.

again trust me

the panic buying was even worse back in the '90s

you couldn't even buy primers ... anywhere

people would be parked and lined up at retailers waiting for the Remingron and Federal trucks to arrive ... retailers limited amounts to individual purchasers when available

what components are you unable to find either locally or on the internet?

also people were buying with only cash so their transactions were 'off the grid' ... Clinton was ABSOLUTELY going to suspend elections and declare martial law at the end of his second administration ... 'insiders' in the 'know' had seen the documents

it's just the same o lame o
    So do the Koch Bros own munition factories??

Mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.