Home The Lodge

Djia

ricinusricinus Senior MemberPosts: 6,210 Senior Member
Up almost 8% year to date.. I blame Obama for this lack of leadership...

Mike
My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Let's not forget the Helicopter Triplets - Ben, Mario and Abe.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,226 Senior Member
    Speaking of economics...how do you guys feel about the Bank of England swiping Carney?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    Good for Carney- Hometown country boy makes good- good for Bank of England and World banking for that matter. I think the general feeling is sad to see him go, but I was his time to move up. I think his replacement will probably just stay the course.. Your thoughts??

Mike
    I don't know. That's why I asked you.

So you guys are kind of blase' about it? If we lost our central banker to another central bank, we'd probably be in an uproar.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,554 Senior Member
    I don't know this are not the kind of changes that generally elicit a response at least from me anyway.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    We are small potatoes in the world arena, but are usually affected by the markets.. If he brings the same stability there as he has in Canada, It's a win-win..

Mike
    Steven wrote: »
    I don't know. That's why I asked you.

So you guys are kind of blase' about it? If we lost our central banker to another central bank, we'd probably be in an uproar.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Up almost 8% year to date.. I blame Obama for this lack of leadership...Mike

Interesting Mike that many of my best performers (both dividend and appreciation) have been Canadian MLP's and Banks.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
    As long as Italy, Spain et al don't go in the tank, hopefully we will see some job growth too...

Mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement