Home The Lodge

Selling Access

2»

Replies

  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    The only way you are going to get that is to outlaw corporate contributions. Which is unconstitutional.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    Where's the outrage like citizens united?

    maybe because Citizens United were simply buying elections
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I want to vote for someone who's . . . doesn't live in a big city.

    And so you want to exclude the majority of the US population from public office?
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    Joe wasn't registered here until July 2011. Makes it difficult to bring up when W isn't president.

    I'd like point out that you were registered long before 2011. It was July of 2011 that the software used for this forum was changed.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

    Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    Plus tell me how some guy who lives in some small town has even the slightest clue about any of the problems in urban America.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    well just like the 'Farmersonly' TeeVeea ad sezzz

    'cuzz city folk just don't get it'

    and iff'n its on mah TeeVee it's must be so
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    Monsanto...you know, country folk..

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I'd like point out that you were registered long before 2011. It was July of 2011 that the software used for this forum was changed.

    ....

    ohhh my
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,276 Senior Member
    I'd like point out that you were registered long before 2011. It was July of 2011 that the software used for this forum was changed.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

    You could be right. But I know I wasn't here during any of the Bush years.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I want to vote for someone who's support is 100% grass roots, who understands business and the environment, doesn't wizz all over the poor but understands the rich, hunts, fishes, and doesn't live in a big city.

    ...and that is connected to neither of our current political parties in any way...

    Passover is coming up. Maybe Elijah will stop by. Keep an eye out for Lamed Vavniks.
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    Jamespio wrote: »
    And so you want to exclude the majority of the US population from public office?

    For my vote?

    Absolutely.

    The rest of the country is free to vote for whoever they'd like, that's just my pick.

    If you wanna vote for some city slicker who doesn't know a trout from a carp, much less why the trout is a sign of healthier water...have at it.
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    those rural folk just want to elect one of their own to keep the welfare gravy train flowing
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    Yup. I get like....0% of my income from welfare. But I wanna keep the locals happy.
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I bet a significant part of your county can't make the same claim but glad to know you pay 100% of what your roads, bridges and hospitals cost
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    For
    If you wanna vote for some city slicker who doesn't know a trout from a carp, much less why the trout is a sign of healthier water...have at it.

    interesting. Some of the strongest advocates for clean watersheds that I know of are city folks, who don't have to worry about pissing off their friends who are dairy farmers, loggers, miners, etc.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    For my vote?

    Absolutely.

    The rest of the country is free to vote for whoever they'd like, that's just my pick.

    If you wanna vote for some city slicker who doesn't know a trout from a carp, much less why the trout is a sign of healthier water...have at it.

    All my fishing buddies come from the city.

    Plus inner-city liberals are more likely to fight for clean water than some guy makes his living digging wells whether they know the difference between a trout and a goldfish.

    Pro-environment is just a knee jerk reaction. Now wildlife management, that might be a different issue. They all grew up on Bambi.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    I bet a significant part of your county can't make the same claim but glad to know you pay 100% of what your roads, bridges and hospitals cost

    I pay 100% of my share - as determined by local, state and federal governments - of what your roads, bridges and hospitals cost.

    Not everyone can say the same...
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,276 Senior Member
    interesting. Some of the strongest advocates for clean watersheds that I know of are city folks, who don't have to worry about pissing off their friends who are dairy farmers, loggers, miners, etc.

    Plus inner-city liberals are more likely to fight for clean water than some guy makes his living digging wells whether they know the difference between a trout and a goldfish.

    Both of you are correct. Problem is those from the larger cities, that will fight for clean water, are usually a minority of the overall city population.
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    interesting. Some of the strongest advocates for clean watersheds that I know of are city folks, who don't have to worry about pissing off their friends who are dairy farmers, loggers, miners, etc.

    Sure...some of them.

    Perhaps we should put the entire conversation back up so it is in context rather than zeroing in on one tiny part. Context is important:
    To be honest I never point at the politicians for taking the money. My position has always been the same since Nixon. Give but disclose. Heck make them dress like NASCAR drivers. If you want to vote for a man or woman that gets all their money from big oil, then do it.
    I want to vote for someone who's support is 100% grass roots, who understands business and the environment, doesn't wizz all over the poor but understands the rich, hunts, fishes, and doesn't live in a big city.

    ...and that is connected to neither of our current political parties in any way...

    But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

    Here's where we began to leave out the entire context:
    Jamespio wrote: »
    And so you want to exclude the majority of the US population from public office?
    For my vote?

    Absolutely.

    The rest of the country is free to vote for whoever they'd like, that's just my pick.

    If you wanna vote for some city slicker who doesn't know a trout from a carp, much less why the trout is a sign of healthier water...have at it.

    If you'se guys wanna pick at one part of the conversation out of context, fight amongst yourselves about it. That, on it's own, is not what am talking about.
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »
    Both of you are correct. Problem is those from the larger cities, that will fight for clean water, are usually a minority of the overall city population.

    Even in the smaller cities..and towns...
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    All my fishing buddies come from the city.

    Plus inner-city liberals are more likely to fight for clean water than some guy makes his living digging wells whether they know the difference between a trout and a goldfish.

    Pro-environment is just a knee jerk reaction. Now wildlife management, that might be a different issue. They all grew up on Bambi.

    Again....go back and put the whole thing together...here's what I said, nothing about "pro-environment":
    I want to vote for someone who's support is 100% grass roots, who understands business and the environment, doesn't wizz all over the poor but understands the rich, hunts, fishes, and doesn't live in a big city.

    ...and that is connected to neither of our current political parties in any way...

    But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

    What I'm looking for is someone who gets both business and the environment...but again, only as part of a larger context.

    ...I will likely never be entirely happy with my choices...which is part of what the the whole politics thing is about.....you can't make everyone happy all the time.

    ...It's too bad we don't do what's good for most of the people most of the time though....
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement