Dear Hextall....

swamp yankeeswamp yankee Senior MemberPosts: 187 Senior Member
Halloween is here again and I am sick of entitled youth going door to door begging for stuff!
My house gets vandalized every year with toiletpaper, shaving cream and those flaming bags on the front steps (this year I WON'T be stomping the flames out!!!)
I asked a neighborhood ruffian WHY my house was targeted every year. He told me it was because I was "cheap and mean".
I am one of the most GIVING people!
I buy HALLOWEEN themed dixiecups and fill them to the RIM with water!!!
Well, evidently, THAT is not what the entitled little beggars feel is "owed" to them!!!
I am angred by their petty retaliation!
I am having difficulty making a decision about what to give the punks this year and would appreciate your input!
Water....sans expensive Dixiecups or Savings bonds?
signed
Soggy Candy

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    So should I just crap directly onto your porch and forgo the bag this year?
  • swamp yankeeswamp yankee Senior Member Posts: 187 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    So should I just crap directly onto your porch and forgo the bag this year?

It would be the most fiscally responsible thing.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    A scholarly participant of this board suggested an ice cube. It makes a sound when you drop it in their bag and then trickles down. I won't mention Greenman's name as the one who suggested this to protect his anonymity.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    I have a difficult time because I want to hand out candy, but I don't want to violate the restraining order. If I stand 500 feet away from the kids and just shout to them that they should help themselves from the candy bowl, do you think that will work?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,575 Senior Member
    Halloween is here again and I am sick of entitled youth going door to door begging for stuff!
    My house gets vandalized every year with toiletpaper, shaving cream and those flaming bags on the front steps (this year I WON'T be stomping the flames out!!!)
    I asked a neighborhood ruffian WHY my house was targeted every year. He told me it was because I was "cheap and mean".
    I am one of the most GIVING people!
    I buy HALLOWEEN themed dixiecups and fill them to the RIM with water!!!
    Well, evidently, THAT is not what the entitled little beggars feel is "owed" to them!!!
    I am angred by their petty retaliation!
    I am having difficulty making a decision about what to give the punks this year and would appreciate your input!
    Water....sans expensive Dixiecups or Savings bonds?
    signed
    Soggy Candy

Spitting coffee!
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Meet them at the door with a paintgun! Give the buggars a thrill.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Swampy, I'll bet this year you're saving even more money by serving hurricane Sandy run off.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    How come you keep asking Hex for advice I know for a fact he was only in 3rd grade once?
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
    I approve of the tone of this thread.
  • SaraSara Senior Member Posts: 512 Senior Member
    If you unwrap the TP carefully from the trees, you may get a free month's worth of TP! Count your blessings!
    Yes. TP makes dandy lemonade.
  • SaraSara Senior Member Posts: 512 Senior Member
    ouzelpro wrote: »
    Yes. TP makes dandy lemonade.
    Small business opportunity!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.