Click Slowly

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,149 Senior Member
ask.com inserts itself where you may click...only when you begin to press down, by the time you let up it's gone. You have now installed the ask.com toolbar and it takes over your search engine. That's how it worked for me. It took a different route for my wife. It can either be fairly simple to remove or be more complicated. These guys really, really suck.
I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• There should be an Ask icon up there in your search bar. If you click it, you should be able to choose from Bing, ask, Google, etc. That's what I finally figured out, after having inadvertently installed ask.com up there for a few months. Which I hate.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    I got rid of that one easily, but the main google search (I use firefox) took a bit more.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    What Sherb said. Right click the little square on the left side of your search bar window. A drop down menu will show for you to choose your default search engine.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »
    What Sherb said. Right click the little square on the left side of your search bar window. A drop down menu will show for you to choose your default search engine.

I know and that's what I did...I changed that one immediately, but the main google search in the middle of the firefox page continued to be ask...even after I uninstalled it in add or remove programs. After looking it up I found a way to change that with four more steps. It's just a pain.

Aholes.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Take the most powerful magnet you can find and rub it gently, but firmly, all over your computer and hard drive.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,396 Senior Member
    Imagine the magnet is slowly melting butter, and the hard drive is Hextall's ****.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.