I'm voting for Romney, and this is why

124»

Replies

  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,368 Senior Member
    I think where the catch you is your inability to make the no look pass.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    The execution of the elbow pass would be a dead give away. I have too much street cred to pass for presidential material.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • The elbow pass is racist. (Tomahawk chop)
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    To be honest once someone has built up a resume a college transcript doesn't mean that much. You can be the smartest guy in class and be useless anywhere else.

    True dat...so why wouldn't a candidate - who has already proven his abilities - volunteer it? I'll hire the C+ student with a track record over the A student with no experience every time...unless the C+ guy won't cough up the info....and the A guy does. I'm too cynical and skeptical to not believe something's not amiss....

    Re-reading that, it that kinda goes in circles, but I think you'll get my drift...if not, ask and I'll take another shot at it.
    The taxes however are an honesty thing.

    To point. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they're legal (and honest) I could care less if any of them take advantage of poorly thought out law...but that's based on my position of feeling the government spends too much money anyway, and trying to keep their grubby hands out of the pockets of the people they're supposed to be taking care of....
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,368 Senior Member
    True dat...so why wouldn't a candidate - who has already proven his abilities - volunteer it?

    Now you are just being asinine. Because no candidate in the history of ever has produced their college transcripts.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    So set a new standard....break new ground, do something the other guys don't dare do...if the ideas you guys have put forward about Romney's taxes are correct...it'd put out the fire, shut up the opposition and is something I could admire.

    What I'm being is realistic. As long as it's hidden, it's ammo. Same with Romney's tax return. It is unbelievably stupid and short sighted of both these clowns to not release this stuff...
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,368 Senior Member
    On second thought this is a complete waste of time. Which around here is saying something.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Bak4Mor wrote: »
    That would be cool to steal the president's identity. I would use his ID to get in all the good clubs and cruise around on Air Force One

    Mr Right tells me I can have cigars and sex in the oval office.
  • I'll repeat, again: I did not tell you to change. I suggested, like someone once did for me, that it was an ineffective way to have an argument. And I suggested that you guys, as a group here, can't have a discussion without the name calling...because I've seen no evidence that it's not true.

    Oh yes oh moderator wanna be. You're pure as the Further North snow and would never be a dolt and tell someone to "shut up" because you don't like their opinion. What were you saying about birds......... I'm thinking glass houses and those that shouldn't be casting stones.
  • ricinus wrote: »
    I'd demand to see a Death Certificate first...

    Mike


    POTD! Nice!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member
    Sara wrote: »
    But the 10 years of tax returns does have a precedence.

    So what's gained if Romney releases his tax returns? Especially when our government has created a tax system that allows a taxpayer to take advantage of any loopholes as long as the activity is disclosed using one of many available IRS tax forms.

    This whole deal about Romney's tax returns is the lefts equivalent of being a birther.
  • Romney demanded Kennedy release taxes when he ran for the Senate. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/16/romney-called-for-tax-transparency-in-past-campaigns/
    Romney's daddy released ten years of taxes.
    Romney demanded his rival Shannon O'Brien (in his Mass race for the Gubners office) release her husband's taxes. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/16/1110448/-Romney-Demanded-to-See-Ted-Kennedy-s-Tax-Returns

    Obama's birth certificate is total fantasy. Maybe Romney's taxes are as well but we won't know cause he doesn't want to play by rules he once demanded of others.
  • joekrz wrote: »
    So what's gained if Romney releases his tax returns? Especially when our government has created a tax system that allows a taxpayer to take advantage of any loopholes as long as the activity is disclosed using one of many available IRS tax forms.

    This whole deal about Romney's tax returns is the lefts equivalent of being a birther.

    you mean the same government that was lobbied by Bain to change tax code to suit them best?

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/01/bain-lobbying-saved-mitt-romney-millions

    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/01/jon-stewart-explains-how-romney-got-his-low-tax-rate/47830/ this one's the best cause it's funny.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member
    Again...what's gained if Romney releases his tax returns?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »

    Yup. As I stated...our government has created a tax system that allows a taxpayer to take advantage of any loopholes available.

    Nothing illegal about it.

    What? You think these guys don't do the same?

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20075586-503544/why-is-congress-a-millionaires-club/
  • Yea tell that to your lobbiest. As for his taxes. Maybe we would see how tough he was on china.

    he has asked more of others in the past than he is willing to do himself today.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member
    Members of Congress are demanding that U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney give full disclosure of all of his tax returns, but most are refusing to publicize their own.

    ...there is no lawful requirement for presidential candidates to publicly release their tax returns, and it remains a matter of choice for the contenders.

    http://rt.com/usa/news/congress-tax-disclosure-publicize-608/
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member
    Over the course of three months, McClatchy Newspapers asked all 535 members of Congress to release their most recent tax returns, and just 17 members complied with the request. Nineteen congressmen refused while most never responded.


    Like Romney, many members of Congress are far wealthier than the average American. And like the president of the United States, those congressmen stand to benefit from the tax policies they shape. Currently, the law only requires members of Congress to report their wealth and liabilities in broad ranges.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57475567-503544/few-in-congress-have-released-tax-returns-report-shows/

    The system as a whole is broken.
  • Not for the filthy rich it ain't.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    Not for the filthy rich it ain't.

    Exactly.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,368 Senior Member
    So tell us again how Romney is going to give tax breaks to the wealthy but it will be okay because he is going remove the tax breaks and it will not result in the middle class paying more. I find that sort of naivety adorable.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    Oh yes oh moderator wanna be. You're pure as the Further North snow and would never be a dolt and tell someone to "shut up" because you don't like their opinion. What were you saying about birds......... I'm thinking glass houses and those that shouldn't be casting stones.

    Who said never? I'm far from perfect, and I slip sometimes...but I listen.

    Moderator wannabe? I have a job, that I like and that sucks up more time than I care to think about.

    ...and I thought it was grass houses and stowing thrones.....
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.