I'm voting for Romney, and this is why

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member
Joss Wheldon explains.
«134

Replies

  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Nicely done, Hex. (probably Sandy in your Schlitz)
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I printed this out and put it on my lawn. If you know what's right for America, I suggest you do as well.

    zomney.jpg
  • swamp yankeeswamp yankee Senior Member Posts: 187 Senior Member
    This is precisely why I seek out your advice and wise counsel!
    My mind is now made up!
    Zomney 20012!
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I'd demand to see a Death Certificate first...

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,965 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    I'd demand to see a Death Certificate first...

    Mike

    You are naive, sir. Death Certificates are even easier to forge than Hawaiian Birth Certificates.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Hell, I'd settle for his tax returns.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    Do we get to see yours?
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Spam surprise
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    If you support Romney, you have to give candy to only 53% of the kids tomorrow night; sweet!
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,897 Senior Member
    Do we get to see yours?

    I find that a fairly ignorant comment. The man is running for the highest office in the land. As an educated voter I want to know how he handles his money since he will be "fixing" the economy. He says he has all this experience in business, in government and since he has opened himself to scrutiny why not his taxes? His father set the precedent for presidential candidates to release a significant portion of their income tax return history, why not Mitt? Does he have something to hide? To this voter it appears like he is hiding something and that is a significant reason why I would never consider voting for him.

    The man is a liar extraordinaire.

    Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    ouzelpro wrote: »
    If you support Romney, you have to give candy to only 53% of the kids tomorrow night; sweet!

    Do we get to pick which ones?

    What do we get to base our choices on?
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    It occurs to me that being a zombie might actually not be so bad!

    1. Everyones afraid of you. No hassles at all!
    2. Live forever, and there are 6 billion prey around with brains to eat
    3. Apparently feel no pain, and can even take a bullet without wincing. No need for health insurance.
    4. Forget about grooming and wardrobe issues, no point in trying
    5. Lurching takes less calories than jogging and is easier on the feet.
    6. Some lodge guy disses you in a post? Just get his address.
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    I find that a fairly ignorant comment. The man is running for the highest office in the land. As an educated voter I want to know how he handles his money since he will be "fixing" the economy. He says he has all this experience in business, in government and since he has opened himself to scrutiny why not his taxes? His father set the precedent for presidential candidates to release a significant portion of their income tax return history, why not Mitt? Does he have something to hide? To this voter it appears like he is hiding something and that is a significant reason why I would never consider voting for him.

    The man is a liar extraordinaire.

    Mike, I'm not surprised...and the comment was meant to be flippant...not serious...but since you took the time to reply let's look at what you wrote for a moment.

    I'll buy it...every last bit of it...if it applies to all candidates, across the board, no exceptions, for anything. I would expect to be able to look at employment history, salary ranges, school records, legal/court records...everything I'd expect to see about...someone I wanted to hire. I'm OK with adding taxes to the mix at the national...heck even state and local office level....and to take it a step further, I'd say any candidate who refuses to show anything should be considered to be hiding something and looked at with great suspicion.

    I don't like Romney any better than I like Obama, and anyone who wants to see a candidate's personal records better be sure the folks they support are as transparent as the candidate they are challenging....
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Do we get to pick which ones?

    What do we get to base our choices on?

    You get nothing. Only indoctrinated children are entitled to free socialist candy.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,092 Senior Member
    I don't like Romney any better than I like Obama, and anyone who wants to see a candidate's personal records better be sure the folks they support are as transparent as the candidate they are challenging....

    Except the guy I'm supporting did show his tax records.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,092 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    It occurs to me that being a zombie might actually not be so bad!

    1. Everyones afraid of you. No hassles at all!
    2. Live forever, and there are 6 billion prey around with brains to eat
    3. Apparently feel no pain, and can even take a bullet without wincing. No need for health insurance.
    4. Forget about grooming and wardrobe issues, no point in trying
    5. Lurching takes less calories than jogging and is easier on the feet.
    6. Some lodge guy disses you in a post? Just get his address.

    This part is the deal breaker for me.
    2. Live forever, and there are 6 billion prey around with brains to eat

    Organ meat grosses me out.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • yatahey wrote: »
    You get nothing. Only indoctrinated children are entitled to free socialist candy.

    47% of you kids get off my porch. Mitt Romney.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,736 Senior Member
    This part is the deal breaker for me.

    2. Live forever, and there are 6 billion prey around with brains to eat

    Organ meat grosses me out.

    Do zombies get Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease?
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    How did this get turned into a political thread?
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    How did this get turned into a political thread?

    Brains!
    .................
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    Spam surprise

    Someone watched to the end. Good for you, you're an informed voter.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,115 Senior Member
    I find that a fairly ignorant comment. The man is running for the highest office in the land. As an educated voter I want to know how he handles his money since he will be "fixing" the economy. He says he has all this experience in business, in government and since he has opened himself to scrutiny why not his taxes? His father set the precedent for presidential candidates to release a significant portion of their income tax return history, why not Mitt? Does he have something to hide? To this voter it appears like he is hiding something and that is a significant reason why I would never consider voting for him.

    The man is a liar extraordinaire.

    We already know how he handles his money...he uses whatever loopholes he can to avoid paying more in taxes. So wouldn't you want someone that lowers your tax rate also, so you have more money in your pocket to go fishing, frequent the fly shops more, buy that new flat screen TV, a nicer camera etc. You know..stimulate the economy and job growth.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,897 Senior Member
    Sorry Joe, I don't know how he handles his money, it seems to be a big secret. While his use of the loopholes is legal, I find that someone running for the presidency hiding money so he don't have to pay taxes somewhat shady (at best)

    Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    Except the guy I'm supporting did show his tax records.

    Did he show all of his records, for everything?
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • swamp yankeeswamp yankee Senior Member Posts: 187 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Brains!
    .................

    [/cue Sally Struthers]
    Somewhere, a Lodge-reading zombie has gone to bed hungry
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I hate some of you people.
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    Sorry Joe, I don't know how he handles his money, it seems to be a big secret. While his use of the loopholes is legal, I find that someone running for the presidency hiding money so he don't have to pay taxes somewhat shady (at best)

    It it then fair to assume that "your" candidate is not using legal loopholes or sheltering income with legal and financial moves suggested by his tax advisers, retirement planners, brokers and lawyers? That he just ponies up all he cash that his income bracket suggests and doesn't take any deductions...that he, in fact, he writes extra checks to the government every year to support the programs that he supports rather than placing the burden for those programs on the people he's supposed to represent?
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • Further NorthFurther North Senior Member Posts: 1,699 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I hate some of you people.

    I'm sure that keeps them up nights......
    "Just because I criticize your argument doesn't mean that I disagree with your position."
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Just like your mom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.