Report in As You Can

magallowaymagalloway Senior MemberPosts: 1,029 Senior Member
All seems fairly calm here in Central Maine at this point; The worst damage we got personally was having the tarps blow off the wood pile. Expecting a couple of inches of rain today, but the winds have backed way down. I'm hoping to hear from the rest of you who live from Jersey North and from NY to Indiana.

Jim

Replies

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,046 Senior Member
    Everything is fine in the Green Mountain state. Some power outages, but not too widespread. Sandy was nothing like what Irene did to us.
  • swamp yankeeswamp yankee Senior Member Posts: 187 Senior Member
    If they were expensive tarps you should contact FEMA.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    My friends in Flatbush report high and dry, with power. They say that that the rest of the city, especially lower Manhattan, is screwed. My family in Tacoma Park, MD report no wind, no rain, and they have power. Looks like NJ and NYC region is hard hit.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,962 Senior Member
    my canoe blew off the sawhorses

all the misc. duck feathers left from cleaning birds on the back deck are gone

i did leave midcoast maine at 7am and drive to springfield to pick up a new car, and then drove back....arriving home around 6pm

good times
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I got a little bit of gas on my hand refilling the generator. I"ll be ok though.

(probably going to die).
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Just go all zombie on us.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I also ran out of raisin bran this morning. How could I have been so unprepared?

In other news, I got my all time high score last night on Beach Buggy Blitz on my nexus tablet.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I haven't turn on the news, did the crane fall down?

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    ricinus wrote: »

Mike

I see it's still hanging around.
    Hextall wrote: »
    I also ran out of raisin bran this morning. How could I have been so unprepared?

To think I went through all the trouble and expense of buying all the TP coastal NH had in hopes of some profiteering and blackmarket sales!
    CURSE YOU and your fiberless diet!!!
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »

Mike

No, but there is a heron stuck in Chris Cristie's butt crack.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,114 Senior Member
    That was there before the hurricane.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,971 Senior Member
    To our amazement we have not lost power. A few tree limbs down and an arbor destroyed, but no other damage visible from inside the house. We have had more than six inches of rain in the past 24 hours and it is still raining. We seem to have been in the lucky spot: many friends within 25 miles or so are without power, have sustained serious damage or both.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishnbanjofishnbanjo Senior Member Posts: 240 Senior Member
    Was checking out at the Hardware Store/Lumberyard when the power went out so they had write it all up by hand and I told them to put it on my account when the power came back up. Had to go get a new ground fault, power strip and various other hardware as I was told sparks were flying out of the wall when I called Mutha to see if she needed anything and I was told to get my @$$ home! LOL...........
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,114 Senior Member
    Report from Richie Farino, all is well in DC and his parents seem to be doing fine in the Bronx.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.