tonight's photoshoot

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
a friend's hair salon did some hair-do's for a photoshoot today -- one of the models that I know dropped by my place for a few quick extra photos while her hair and make-up were still intact.

5952728927_9ff205de1e_z.jpg
DSC_9370 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

5952737685_3daef9dd24_z.jpg
DSC_9386-Edit by Scott Butner, on Flickr

5953288092_6b0421c424_z.jpg
DSC_9398 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,157 Senior Member
    I like the first one. It fits her the best IMO.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    two more that I like, but missed in the original editing session:

5954848134_0110250978_b.jpg
    DSC_9384 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

5954846336_d09442b6a9_b.jpg
    DSC_9382 by Scott Butner, on Flickr
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Pretty Lady. The tats not so much.
    these days, pretty hard to find anyone under 30 who DOESN'T have tattoos, or so it seems. Though I think hers are pretty cool.
    My kids think tats are dumb.
    well, when I started on this tattoo project, so did I. I've photographed maybe 60 people now for their tats, and think I understand why people get them a bit better. And definitely can appreciate the artistry in a really well done one.

I still have no desire to get one myself, but I no longer leap to conclusions about people when I see that they have ink. And a good tattoo will now capture my attention in a positive way.

Which I must admit, hasn't always been the case.

SB
    The only conclusions I reach are. Boy that's gonna look different 20 yrs from now.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    Boy that's gonna look different 20 yrs from now.

You're assuming that 20 years from now, she'll come to the nursing home to let you see it. :)

bd
    20 years from now, she's hoping to be a cop (in training now). The uniform probably won't show much of her back.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,776 Senior Member
    She'll probably lose the eyebrow piercing, then. It'll probably get ripped off in SD training or if she has a bad takedown. Just basing this on watching female rugby players and martial artists have to tape over their eyebrow studs, else it cause injury. I could be wrong.

Odd thing, but I have a bigger problem with facial piercings than with tattoos. But that's just me.
    I actually dislike the facial piercings more than the tattoos, also -- and I hear more people express regrets about them than I do about tattoos. They get old quickly for some who try them.

it's always a dilemma about whether to photoshop them out of pictures I take -- sometimes I do, sometimes I don't depending on the conversation that I have with the model during the session. I usually (not always, I admit) am going for a more classic look/style than many of the women I photograph are used to -- that's why they come to me -- and in many cases, the piercings detract from that. But ultimately, it's their face and their pictures. I can only suggest.

in the case of the model above, i think the eye stud doesn't detract too much. it's the little chin and cheek piercings that bug me the most. never decorative enough to complement the face, always large enough to detract from it.
    I just loves me a pair of pierced ****.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,048 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    I just loves me a pair of pierced ****.
    One of those nights in Yellowstone with the Monkey, when you both have had too much to drink, you may get your wish.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.