in honor of national cheese cake day

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
my friend Selah came over to have cheese cake with Laura and I. And since she can never stop by without getting pictures taken......

7682406336_52bf8e8484_b.jpg
DSC_2957-Edit by Scott Butner, on Flickr

Replies

• Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Selah being who she is, sooner or later she has to have something dangerous in her hands....

7684991242_47ec32c2b6_b.jpg
    DSC_2974-Edit by Scott Butner, on Flickr
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,311 Senior Member
    That was for cutting the cheese cake I hope.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    With Selah you never really know

We tried using a blow torch but the flames didn't stand out well enough against white and I was too lazy to switch to a black background.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    I appreciate the cleavage. It was national cheesecake day after all.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    Is that knife a Henckel?
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    I doubt it. I tend to be kinda cheap when it comes to kitchen stuff, not because I don't appreciate the quality stuff but because I am basically, cheap and spend every spare dime on photo stuff (rubbing the hole in my wallet where $2,200 leaked out this morning for yet another lens)......
    I wish I had three more lenses, but I'll take one. What did you get?

Here is what I would really like to have. I saw this place two weeks ago and went to get a pic on the way back from the doc. Nicely restored gas station. I then saw a gas station "style" sign around the corner saying this was some photographer's studio.
    this would be slick for a lot of things.

DSC_0019-2.jpg

oh ****, wrong shot....
    ooh, that would be sweet. I crave a studio space with enough room that I'm not always bumping light stands against the ceiling, or having to light something in a less than desired way just to fit the constraints of the studio!

i ordered a Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 -- not a very "sexy" focal range, and one already covered by my 18-135 f/4.5-5.6 kit lens. But that lens is slow, and not very sharp at f/stops wider than f/8. Since about 80% of my studio work is shot with something in that range, I decided it was time to get the sharpest lens I could afford in that range, and the 24-70 fits the bill. I am also slowly but surely accumulating the more "pro-grade" lenses that will work when I make the change to full frame sensors -- I think the next upgrade is to get rid of the 12-24mm f/4 and replace it with the 14-24 f/2.8. though the idea of the 24m f/1.4 for star photography is awfully tempting.
    I would also like a tripod caddy.
    oh yeah. me too.

actually, when I shoot photos at work, I usually get one, the communications staff I work with are more than happy to carry some of my camera gear, they're very nice about that.

otherwise, I'm on my own
    now with the rotator cuff injury the tripod is more than a pain. I am thinking one of these..

http://batcaddy.com/products/X2-Pro.html

hah
    Btw. Tomorrow I'm thinking of setting Selah loose with a sledgehammer in a room full of furniture.

Just to see what happens.

It'll be epic.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    I would also like a tripod caddy.
    This would work for Scott if he took his lighting gear on location.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8054137&highlight=golf#post8054137
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    Holy toledo. I thought Scott's wife was patient for letting him hang out with naked chicks. Now we find out that she lets him drop two grand and change on a camera lens and he's not sleeping in the garage for a week???

Something in the Natural Order of the Universe is broken here.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
    it helps that I'll make that in a weekend's work shooting a wedding, which normally I hate to do, but am willing to pimp myself out when I "need" a new piece of hardware.

As long as I make some effort to contribute to the cost of my hobby through the hobby itself, Laura's cool with it.

And yes, I married far above what I deserve.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.