Home The Lodge

More from the non-existent front

of the non-war on women

http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/26/11409626-catholic-school-teacher-says-she-was-fired-over-fertility-treatments?lite

I bet had she been **** by a Priest the Church would command her to have the child and not speak of the incident err Blessed Event

I can hardly wait until we take the country back so the afflicted can be relegated to caves as to not contaminate the rest of us with God's Wrath

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    So...... the Catholic War on Women, then?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,585 Senior Member
    How we gonna take the country back when Obama is taking our guns?
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    hey according to the recent round

it's one in the same ... you and the Catholics are all brothers of the cloth along with the GOP

Obama hates Christians ... it's in the Bible
    Don't strain your back with all that reaching.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 5,843 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    So...... the Catholic War on Women, then?
    I thought it was the Republicans who had the War on Women. According to some here on the Lodge, Catholics tend to be Democrats, excluding Rick Santorum.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,585 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Don't strain your back with all that reaching.

He's straining it from wearing a vest instead of chest pack.

Obama hates farm kids. Not christians.
    I thought it was the Republicans who had the War on Women. According to some here on the Lodge, Catholics tend to be Democrats, excluding Rick Santorum.

uhh ya well according to all the GOPers a month or so ago the ACA's requirements is a war on Catholics and Freedom of Religion and there was a clarion call to rally round the anti-Obama flag

now if since the news cycle is past you all are pulling back from the Papists until November ... then that would be no surprise

and you forgot Newt too
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,714 Senior Member
    I thought the Catholics would be for it, since nothing goes to waste.

emvideo-youtube-r-L3JMk7C1A_1.jpg
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    infertility is God's will

finding a way around it is the work of Satan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member
    In fairness, they have been opposed to Invetro Fertilization for sometime and their position is consistent with doctrine. Whether or not they can impose that doctrine on a teacher is another matter. But she did choose to teach there and she knew the rules when she took the job.

This issue really does not rise to my level of give a shiit.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    actually a part of me agrees with you Chris

but I do find it interesting that had she been **** and gotten pregnant that would be 'ok' (if she carried the baby to term) but wanting a child is wrong because it doesn't fit a pre-ordained method and means
    In fairness, they have been opposed to Invetro Fertilization for sometime and their position is consistent with doctrine. Whether or not they can impose that doctrine on a teacher is another matter. But she did choose to teach there and she knew the rules when she took the job.

**** Chris, you keep forgetting your lines.

Unless you're part of the 1%, you have no choice where you work.
    and saintly employers never make decisions based upon the health liabilities of an employee
    why I just bet the prospect of maternity leave had no factor in the process of playing out a 'clause'

whatta country ... if you want to have a child you best start looking for another job first ... we are a 'Christian' nation

hopefully when old enough someone will explain to this child that it doesn't satisfy the definition of a family
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,711 Senior Member

Wrong. Paul Ryan is saying how his budget is a result of his Catholic faith.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    Okay, Rick Santorum and Paul Ryan.
    ... and Newt

why do you hate Newt?
    He's an amphibian, neither fish nor lizard. Plus he's got a gigantic head. I think it has its own gravitational field.
    at least we know that Michele Bachmann is in reality 'Jewish' ... afterall that's what she told all the people who really control the money in the world who donated to her now non-existant Presidential campaign
    He's an amphibian, neither fish nor lizard. Plus he's got a gigantic head. I think it has its own gravitational field.

With a head that big, he would have made an great actor.
    Are you kidding? They'd need extra lighting just to keep his costars out of the shadows. His melon would be like an eclipse with the stage lights.
    it's when an airplane lines up on final is when they really get scared
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    actually a part of me agrees with you Chris

but I do find it interesting that had she been **** and gotten pregnant that would be 'ok' (if she carried the baby to term) but wanting a child is wrong because it doesn't fit a pre-ordained method and means

Wanting the child is not wrong. Wanting to use a **** Popsicle to do it is.

I believe that the other issue they have with this method is you extract the **** through masturbation. Which according to Sr Mary Elizabeth is like putting a nail in the hand of Jesus.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven wrote: »
    **** Chris, you keep forgetting your lines.

Unless you're part of the 1%, you have no choice where you work.

Do you have any idea what invetro costs? She is part of the 1%.
    Wetdog wrote: »
    Wrong. Paul Ryan is saying how his budget is a result of his Catholic faith.

There was a priest on CNN this morning saying he needs to go back to catechism.
    There was a priest on CNN this morning saying he needs to go back to catechism.

Yeah I heard that, it was pretty funny.

I liked his Jesus quotation too about judging you on how you fed the hungry etc. [don't remember the exact quote]
    Which according to Sr Mary Elizabeth is like putting a nail in the hand of Jesus.

well ... she should know

Teachers actually tend to be in the 1%. They tend to marry very well.
    all union belongers to are in the 1% ... it's Koch Science

Not so. Wife and I had all but signed a bank note for just that when we miraculously conceived. And we were broke as shizz.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement