Home The Lodge

Q for folks here with hourly employees

Brian D.Brian D. Senior MemberPosts: 4,011 Senior Member
I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade our time clock system here at the office into the 21st Century. Anybody have any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    Brian D. wrote: »
    I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade our time clock system here at the office into the 21st Century. Anybody have any suggestions?

Funny you should ask that. I'm currently arguing with my cheap-skate owner about doing JUST that. The problem is, the old one works, but it's hard to see, hard to use and it's 15 years old.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    I sympathize. Also, it'd be nice to have something that links up with the computer network and automatically generates a report rather than having to manually count up hours off punch cards.

If it could be programmed to taze people who ask, "I forgot to clock in/out yesterday, could you initial my time card?," well, that'd be nice too.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    I sympathize. Also, it'd be nice to have something that links up with the computer network and automatically generates a report rather than having to manually count up hours off punch cards.

If it could be programmed to taze people who ask, "I forgot to clock in/out yesterday, could you initial my time card?," well, that'd be nice too.

Yeah, I'm more of a pushover, so the girls in the office approach me with the "initial my time card, please" rather than face the big man.

And as such, he doesn't see there is a problem because he also doesn't do payroll. There is a system that uses a card swipe method but I don't know anything about it.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Bar codes and implants with scanners at the doors.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,543 Senior Member

Look into a program called TimeStar. It's does exactly what you ask and is used where I work.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement