Lotto Fevvahhh!

half a bil on the line get out there and buy buy buy!

saw one profound talking head this morning who proclaimed that this was the biggest jackpot ever! and it nobody wins tonight it will only get bigger!

... really?

you get paid for this?

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    Thank you, poor people.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Well, someone has to win it, might as well be me.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    All it takes is a dollar and a dream!

I'm in the office pool. Heaven forbid your office pool won and you're not in it.
    I ain't got no office, whats can I do?
    Save your dollars and spend 'em on hookers.
    Hooks, yes. I'll look for Hookers with saddle hackle: "Heeey, baby! I'm all freaky for those fancy feathers!"
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    I buy Lotto tickets. It makes me feel better to not win 3 million $ than to not win 500 million.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    At lunch time, I bought half a tank of gas and one poor man's IRA. I bought one on Wednesday too. Haven't bought any in years. I prefer online lottos, because all I loose is ten minutes in entering my numbers.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,632 Senior Member
    Come on big money, big money. Keep buying them tickets, I've only got one more to get through college.
    O.K. big money winners. What would you do if you won?

I'd give money to family members. Maybe some college funds for those with young kids. Give some to charities.
    I'm not a traveler. Too poor. I'd take some time off and see some of Europe, Japan, North America.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,569 Senior Member
    You have a better chance of getting hit by a meteor in your junk. Twice. :p
    However, if UT sold tickets I'm sure I would buy one Whenever we go fishing in CO or ID my wife generally buys way too many scratch-n-lose tickets!
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I'd give some to poor people. Isn't that what 1%'ers do... wait...what?

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »

Tell you what I'd do, man. Two chicks at the same time.
    seppala wrote: »

^&*$in' A, man! :cool:
    Lawrence rocks!
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    seppala wrote: »

I am telling your wife. If you win, I'll take a bribe.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    You're my first hanger-on! Sweet!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,209 Senior Member
    I'd retire my family, then my friends. What good is it being retired if you're by yourself.

Then I'd probably get my transmission fixed in my truck. Maybe get some new floormats for it. .... Nah.. My floormats are fine.
    I am going to finance some hits.
    "I spent it. About a million and half on **** and whiskey, and the rest of it, I just sort of blew it."

What would I do with that kind of money? Probably I would build a house in the mountains somewhere with great local fishing. And my wife and I would travel a lot. I would probably buy a shiite-load of land to donate to The Nature Conservancy too.
    commie.........
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    You have a better chance of getting hit by a meteor in your junk. Twice. :p
    I played soccer as kid. If soccer balls were meteors, I'd be due for some luck.

This is why I buy one ticket about every 3 or 4 years. I could buy two tickets a week and waste money than I do on cokes.

Finish getting a pilot's license and buy a Piper Cub. Buy an old pickup, maybe from the 40s, for my weekend ride. Get some classic motorcycles. Norton 750, Ducatti SS, BSA Goldstar.

As for the women comment, I'd think they would be a problem. Gold diggers.

As for the women comment, I'd think they would be a problem. Gold diggers.

So, you think you'd be beating them back off of your porch? The jackpot isn't that big! ;)
    I'm sure you can find plenty of women who would do a lot for less.

Buffco wrote: »
    I'd retire my family, then my friends. What good is it being retired if you're by yourself.

Then I'd probably get my transmission fixed in my truck. Then I'd dye my hair and put this nightmare behind me.

Fixerated.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    I'd move next door to Steven. The-Devil-devil-fire-monster-smiley-emoticon-000833-facebook.gif
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • JLTJLT Senior Member Posts: 484 Senior Member
    If I (we) won the whole thing. Blind trust 1st, trust for grand children 2nd. Trust for great grand children 3rd. Assist family 4th. Create the perfect residence, and home away from home. All the peripherals would fall in to place....
    College paid for both kids. House paid for. money for kids when they hit 30. Then I'd follow the seasons and never shovel another blade of snow. Oh and own 69 Pontiac Firebird Convertable.

First I'd quit my job. Then I'd go buy health insurance. I'd make sure my kids and my nieces and nephew had their college paid for (plus I'd gift them money each year till they were 18). I'd take care of my brother and sister in law if they didn't want to work anymore. Same with my wife's sister and husband.

I wouldn't move, I like this house, but I'd do a bunch of projects to it. I'd love to travel, have never left the continental US, so I would change that in a hurry.

I'd fish till my arm fell off.

I'd buy the Lodge and be the Supreme Moderator and make you all my minions. ;)
    I can't resist...I had a few Guinness'

Either buy some land out west with water (not telling where) build a modest house but with a tower, preferably stone. I would buy a new pair of shoes a few guns and a big assed used pickup truck..a couple tools and I'll be set. The alternative is to the same thing outside of this country where no one will know you. I don't like to advertize. You are better off with only a few people knowing who you are.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.