I've Gotta Say....

BH SpeyBH Spey Junior MemberPosts: 5 Junior Member
.... from my very limited exposure thus far that the new board here has a much better "feel" to it than the previous version. KUDOS!!!

Any chance of linking to the archives of the old board?

Replies

• ross.purnellross.purnell Administrator Posts: 4 Junior Member
    Yeah, much better functionality here. Sorry, i've been told it's not possible to import and reconstruct the old data.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    I was thinking this would be hard given the server was lost or at the very least expensive.

I hope you had all the old articles backed up somewhere. That would be an archive that would be a loss.

Palmyra? Isn't that near Corning, NY?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • KyoKyo Junior Member Posts: 10 Junior Member
    You can't get your archive back but it looks like we
    do have oral jelly. Oh boy . . . See post above.
    It must be a real job to keep a forum a live
    AND well at the same time. -k-
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    Kyo wrote: »
    You can't get your archive back but it looks like we
    do have oral jelly. Oh boy . . . See post above.
    It must be a real job to keep a forum a live
    AND well at the same time. -k-

What the.. :confused:
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • P.DieterP.Dieter Super Moderator Posts: 968 Senior Member
    What the.. :confused:
    referencing a deleted spam post
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it
    - Aristotle

Northwest Fly Anglers
  • Buttonwood BobButtonwood Bob Junior Member Posts: 25 Junior Member
    I shall always miss the camaraderie on the Florida & Caribbean forum. the Saltwater forum is the only place for us to go. My ego can take it, but it is unfortunate that I have posted regularly for ~13-14 years, and I am now a Junior Member. My age alone should make me a senior member. ;-)
  • BH SpeyBH Spey Junior Member Posts: 5 Junior Member
    I...it is unfortunate that I have posted regularly for ~13-14 years, and I am now a Junior Member. My age alone should make me a senior member. ;-)

I hear you! I've still got my old VFS patch stuck to my computer monitor. I can't even remember when I first joined the forum but it was the first, best flyfishing site on the net! A huge improvement from the alt.flyfishing site or what ever it was that I used to visit in the early days.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    BH Spey wrote: »
    .... from my very limited exposure thus far that the new board here has a much better "feel" to it than the previous version.

Give it time. The Hinge is working on ruining that.

bd

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.