Home The Lodge

Over-under

About to head out to lunch. Plan on having a chicken salad sandwich and a Coke. The over-under is $7.00, make your picks, I'll report back this afternoon.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    over......
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    Over.

Order a Man's Lunch while you're at it.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Better make it a Diet Coke, Chunk.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    My check was, once again, precisely $7.00. That is the first time I can remember that two lunches in a row cost the same amount.

Trootfisher and Hextall, why don't you two confer and decide whether I should be ordering a "man's lunch" or trying to eat something that will not immediately add a half-pound to may already adequate paunch. I just don't know what to do when I get conflicting advice from such sage individuals.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I think TF's suggestion of a man's lunch is a sausage sandwich. And by sausage sandwich, he means a rooster. And by rooster I mean to imply you are fat.
  • TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    Jamespio wrote: »
    My check was, once again, precisely $7.00. That is the first time I can remember that two lunches in a row cost the same amount.

Trootfisher and Hextall, why don't you two confer and decide whether I should be ordering a "man's lunch" or trying to eat something that will not immediately add a half-pound to may already adequate paunch. I just don't know what to do when I get conflicting advice from such sage individuals.

I'm willing to bet your Chicken Salad sandwich had more fat and calories than my 6" pastrami sandwich (dry, with lettuce and onion only) did today.

I wasn't even talking about nutrition so much as the character of your lunch choice.

By character I mean "hen."
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,125 Senior Member
    Yea, the Market Fresh Chicken Salad at Arbys has like 860 calories. That was very surprising to me. One of the highest of all the sandwiches!
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    I'll have four fried chickens some dry white toast ... and a coke
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    I'm willing to bet your Chicken Salad sandwich had more fat and calories than my 6" pastrami sandwich (dry, with lettuce and onion only) did today.

I wasn't even talking about nutrition so much as the character of your lunch choice.

By character I mean "hen."

That is why I get the Reuben.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement