Home The Lodge

What Are Your 2012 Hopes and Predictions?

yataheyyatahey Senior MemberPosts: 5,605 Senior Member
1. Obama gets reelected.
2. The Dems retake the House and keep the Senate
3. Monkey slips and falls on poo and can't get up
4. Walker gets recalled and cries like a little girl
5. Dem retake State Houses in Ohio, Florida, Penn.
6. Tea Party implodes and their heads simultaneously explode
7. Obama care passes SC test and Scalia and Thomas cry like little girls until their heads explode
8. Occupy Movement expands and gopers heads explode
9. Koch brothers get sick on their own pollution
10. ALEC is investigated by the Justice Dept and indicted for bribery.

;)
"When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    Palin runs for President
    Donald Trump runs for President
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    I'll bet #3 has already happened.

#?: Tebow throws a few picks tomorrow.
    #?: Either the Steelers, Saints or Packers win the Superbowl.
    ouzelpro wrote: »
    I'll bet #3 has already happened.

does horsesh*t count?

cuzz dat dunned happened years ago
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,988 Senior Member
    Doesn't sound like a prediction. More like a wish list.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    does horsesh*t count?

cuzz dat dunned happened years ago
    You should have stuck with dogs.
    cowboy3b_Monkeys_love_riding_on_dogs-s402x347-91526-580.jpg
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    In the fall, someone from the Lodge will invite me to come stay at their house for a week and go steelhead fishing.

bd
    did I ever tell you about my days as a pony express rider?
    FishTX wrote: »
    cowboy3b_Monkeys_love_riding_on_dogs-s402x347-91526-580.jpg
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,558 Senior Member
    I'm thinking that guy with the videos that advertises on CNN about the impending doom he predicted for the US in 2011 is sweating bullets right now.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Brian D. wrote: »
    In the fall, someone from the Lodge will invite me to come stay at their house for a week and go steelhead fishing.

bd

sounds fun. Who?
  • nimrodnimrod Senior Member Posts: 756 Senior Member
    The stock market, housing, and jobs all improve...Obama walks away in polls. Mitt stutters...Oh, I catch lots of trout and shoot a big **** buck!
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,369 Senior Member
    For real: The situation in Iran and the middle east is scary: we will be lucky to avoid some kind of military action.

Mitt wins the nomination, but the TPers and Fundies hate it, and the GOP convention turns very ugly. And yes, Trump, Paul, or some TPer, (Gingrich?) ends up running on a third party. Palin turns running for president into a reality show, greenman in heaven. Late nite comics kill with so much material. Good for O. EdB finds no acceptable candidate.

Lots of new members of congress, but gridlock still prevails. Dow ends down some as Euro problems persist.
    Supreme Court approves O-care by 5-4. I don't think the WH would have put it on fast track if they didn't think it would be approved.

Looks like a low Colo run off year: Great for the BWO's, Caddis, and stones early, but I fear that august will be tough on the trout. Come on monsoon!

Liberals and conservatives on the Lodge will make up and play kissy kissy as the election approaches: NOT!

Californians (comic) , prepare for the earthquake.......really.

Creekguy will travel to Calif in May-june (Ventura-Monterrey) and take a stab at surf fishing with light (trout) tackle gear. (grew up surf fishing in SD 50 years ago).

Mr. Right, Salty, etc. lurk in the Lodge shadows, but Emerger returns. Don't know about Kanaloa.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »

Mitt wins the nomination, but the TPers and Fundies hate it, and the GOP convention turns very ugly. And yes, Trump, Paul, or some TPer, (Gingrich?) ends up running on a third party. Palin turns running for president into a reality show, greenman in heaven. Late nite comics kill with so much material. Good for O. EdB finds no acceptable candidate.
    QUOTE]

1) I agree with this.
    2) Hextall will receive a beat down from several 9 year old kids.
    3) Affordable Health Care for America Act is found to be unconstitutional. If Citizen's United is found to be lawful and good by this court, does the Health Care Law really have a chance?
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    creekguy wrote: »

QUOTE]

But I'm not feeling sick?
    sherb wrote: »
    sounds fun. Who?

You're breaking my heart!

bd
    I'm thinking that guy with the videos that advertises on CNN about the impending doom he predicted for the US in 2011 is sweating bullets right now.
    Doubt it. He probably made loads off the fear of others.

I have a friend that I think reads his news letters.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,957 Senior Member
    I predict that Brian's teeth fall out.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    Brian D. wrote: »
    You're breaking my heart!

bd

I kid, I kid. come on out.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Wetdog wrote: »

Brian has teeth?
    Wetdog wrote: »

This could happen right about the time he meets Sherb.
    greenman wrote: »
    Brian has teeth?

It is his mom who is toothless.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    i predict this is the year we all get flying cars like on the Jetsons
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
    jbilly wrote: »
    It is his mom who is toothless.

well played.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    my predictions:

- Ron Paul will not get the republican nomination.

my hope:

- Obama gets 4 more years.
    My hope:

- Butner takes more pictures of tatless Jewish girls.

My prediction:

- I'll be SOTL.
    Sitting On The Loo?

bd
    I have no idea why I used that acronym. Meant SOOL. Sh-t out of luck
    Ha ha, I have this vision of a Mel Brooks-esque old Jewish man with a strong accent saying "Oy, I will be **** Out of The Luck now..."

Anyway, I think the acronym is just SOL. SOOL might be the demon from Ghostbusters; I'm not sure.

bd
    I think that was Zul.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement