What I learned at Christmas

in between my SIL's SIL with her riveting stories about the challenges of selling mortuary monuments and the SIL's other BIL holding his annual court with how much he knows about snowmobiles (he's in the only S Illinois snowmobile club and down there snowmobiles are magical mystical creatures) <yawn>

what I found out this trip was the 'fact' that the median home value of the average occupy Wall Streeter is around $700,000.00 and they all have iPhones, iPads and drink Starbucks and the ones that don't, work for the ones who do and don't even speak English

it was a perfectly fine Southern Illinois redneck NASCAR Christmas

Replies

• monkeydoes wrote: »
    in between my SIL's SIL with her riveting stories about the challenges of selling mortuary monuments and the SIL's other BIL holding his annual court with how much he knows about snowmobiles (he's in the only S Illinois snowmobile club and down there snowmobiles are magical mystical creatures) <yawn>

what I found out this trip was the 'fact' that the median home value of the average occupy Wall Streeter is around $700,000.00 and they all have iPhones, iPads and drink Starbucks and the ones that don't, work for the ones who do and don't even speak English

it was a perfectly fine Southern Illinois redneck NASCAR Christmas

Too bad you culdn't have brought the doctor with you.
  • Kill me now!
  • jbilly wrote: »
    Too bad you culdn't have brought the doctor with you.

oh no he was there

the SIL is his wife
  • So were you able to help both your BIL and SILs SIL by scheduling a snowmobile race at night in a cemetery?
    oh no he was there

the SIL is his wife

I hope you were able to drink a lot.
  • well at least the kids of all these people have gotten out and been somewhere in the world and seen a few things so while that nonsense continued we all retired to the basement with cocktails and shot pool and talked baseball

you know ... sorta like normal people

(one of the daughters tho brought her boyfriend who is a baby huey that fit right in upstairs)
  • nimrodnimrod Senior Member Posts: 756 Senior Member
    ...what? No deer hunting stories...you know...if its brown its down.
  • the baby huey boyfriend was going on about the recent reported sighting of a 'panther' in So Il and how if he see's it while in his deer stand (he has one of those pre-fab things with the windows and metal legs out in the middle of the cornfield) that he was gonna "take it down"

oh and reportedly it's 'black' too
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,146 Senior Member
    I saw a black one once.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    the baby huey boyfriend was going on about the recent reported sighting of a 'panther' in So Il and how if he see's it while in his deer stand (he has one of those pre-fab things with the windows and metal legs out in the middle of the cornfield) that he was gonna "take it down"

oh and reportedly it's 'black' too

LOL! Trailer park in the sky.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file