Obama pardons ONE turkey, then slaughters hundreds of thousands of horses

Replies

• TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    He's also deported more illegal immigrants than his predecessors.

what a meanie . . .
  • Yes, Obama is slaughtering horses.

Lordy, this thread could be dumber, but only if Buford weighs in.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    It's my understanding that Willie Nelson is on the other side of this issue from me, but I'm all for this new rule. It always struck me as kind of silly that we can eat all the other kinds of livestock - cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys (hell, you can even farm alligators, emus, and bison and eat them) - but horses are somehow off limits because they are too pretty. Screw that, bring on the Sea Biscuit sandwiches.

bd
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,991 Senior Member
    Jamespio wrote: »
    Yes, Obama is slaughtering horses.

How do you come up with that?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,000 Senior Member
    Brian D. wrote: »
    It's my understanding that Willie Nelson is on the other side of this issue from me, but I'm all for this new rule. It always struck me as kind of silly that we can eat all the other kinds of livestock - cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys (hell, you can even farm alligators, emus, and bison and eat them) - but horses are somehow off limits because they are too pretty. Screw that, bring on the Sea Biscuit sandwiches.

bd

I've always wondered how tasty slow roasted Golden Retriever would be.
  • Buford wrote: »
    How do you come up with that?

Buffco told me so, and he's "intelligent," just ask sherb.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    It's angry Uncle Pio.
  • Mr. RightMr. Right Senior Member Posts: 535 Senior Member
    It is rare for me to have any reason to defend Obama, but he did pardon TWO turkeys this year.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,973 Senior Member
    Yes, but the two turkeys were male. And he then officiated at a private civil ceremony where they were "wed."
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    It is rare for me to have any reason to defend Obama, but he did pardon TWO turkeys this year.

I stand corrected.

This still pales in comparison to the number of horses he's butchering on the White House Lawn.
  • because it's much betterer to let the horses simply starve

every hoof is sacred
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    Yes, but the two turkeys were male. And he then officiated at a private civil ceremony where they were "wed."

Have you ever seen two gay turkeys doing it? It's all beards rubbing together and "gobble gobble" all over the place... I mean, I'm open minded andd liberal and all, but that's just gross.

bd
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    because it's much betterer to let the horses simply starve

every hoof is sacred

He should pay to feed them with the money in his "stash".
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    i appreciate you raising my awareness to such matters
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Save The Gay Turkeys! (new bumper sticker)
  • DWTDWT Senior Member Posts: 270 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

Wow. I thought it was about Congress allowing funding for slaughter of horses. I didn't know Obama had anything to do with this. One side is saying that horses are starving to death and they should be slaughtered and sold for meat in other countries while the other side is saying that horses should not be sold for slaughter due to their "status" here in the US. Both sides have pretty weak stands in my opinion. Did they mention that if they allow slaughtering horses that it would cost taxpayers millions of dollars to hire federal inspectors? I thought we were supposed to be eliminating unnecessary govt. spending. Seems like this would be a good example.
    Some of you need to check your sarcasm meter.

And I think you may be wrong about the "millions" it will cost. From what I read, no federal funds will be spent to conduct the slaughter of horses.

For those who are absolutely stone-faced serious, I couldn't give two craps about slaughtering horses. They're gonna get shot and buried anyway, or be shipped under cruel conditions to Mexico, so why not butcher them? (What are we doing with the meat anyway, selling it to France?)

Lighten up, Francois.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,041 Senior Member
    DWT wrote: »
    Wow. I thought it was about Congress allowing funding for slaughter of horses. I didn't know Obama had anything to do with this. One side is saying that horses are starving to death and they should be slaughtered and sold for meat in other countries while the other side is saying that horses should not be sold for slaughter due to their "status" here in the US. Both sides have pretty weak stands in my opinion. Did they mention that if they allow slaughtering horses that it would cost taxpayers millions of dollars to hire federal inspectors? I thought we were supposed to be eliminating unnecessary govt. spending. Seems like this would be a good example.

If the meat is going overseas, let them inspect it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The article is vague. Are federal monies going to be spent on this or not?

And when will McDonalds have a Palomino Burger?
    Obama's not slaughtering horses. I don't believe they're considered halal.
    Pio and DWT will be along shortly you Teabagger.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,496 Senior Member
    The article is vague. Are federal monies going to be spent on this or not?

And when will McDonalds have a Palomino Burger?

McHorse will soon be on the menu. Mmmmm.... basashi burgers....
  • The one question, every rightie wants to know: Is horsemeat halal?
  • DWT wrote: »

horses are already being exported from the US to Canada for slaughter ... they have been for years

I would guess that if one were to dig a little deeper one might find the meat packing business is lobbying to get Congress to allow for the slaughter to take place domestically instead of exporting live animals and if they can get Congress to kick in a lil in taxpayer money then why not, it's the free market business is now conducted in this country
  • Outsourcing to the effing Canadians...
  • ya during my horse showing days the SO was an equine vet and one of her worst duties as the youngest vet at the clinic was to once a month go to a large wholesale barn client and do transport certifications for horses consigned for slaughter in Canada

these typically were not your majestic my lil pony examples of the equine world
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    A lot of controversy with these slaughterhouses and inhumane practices. I would be quite happy to see them close down.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    ricinus wrote: »
    A lot of controversy with these slaughterhouses and inhumane practices. I would be quite happy to see them close down.

Mike

Where would we get meat?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Buffy, these slaughterhouses were specifically set up to process horses and some were only set up after the US banned the slaughter of horses. The meat is shipped to Asia and Europe. They have been cited numerous times for inhumane treatment of animals.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Where would we get meat?

From the grocery store. Thtupid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.