Home The Lodge

Tebow!

Replies

• The only miracle is that Barber wasn't cut this morning. Second game in a row a bone-head play by him (I'm talking about not going out of bounds yesterday and not lining up properly against KC) has cost us a game.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    the whole point of bringing this back to the top is to show everyone that after the Detroit game, I was right. acknowledge my sports genius.

i also want to point out that Brady was wrong and the interception was his fault not Underwoods.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    the whole point of bringing this back to the top is to show everyone that after the Detroit game, I was right. acknowledge my sports genius.

QUOTE]

This could go longer than the TKP, and we are not going to bow down to you! No, Sir! ;)
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Which is better, the Mile High Messiah, or Saint Timmy?
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    timmy-prank-call.bmp
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
    tebow-christ2.jpg
    Shawn C. wrote: »

QUOTE]

This could go longer than the TKP, and we are not going to bow down to you! No, Sir! ;)

i will see to it that this thread lasts until i am asked for my opinion on every sports thread from this day forward.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,093 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »
    tebow-christ2.jpg

I bet Timmy could trow that lamb sixty yards and drop it in a manger! But ten?.....no.
  • DWTDWT Senior Member Posts: 270 Senior Member
    It will be very interesting to see what happens after they get their first sound beating. And, it will come. Right now, they are playing with confidence and emotion and defense always begins with those two characteristics. Tebow is a winner for sure but he still has a long way to go to be a "good" quarterback in the NFL and time will tell how long the defense will keep them in a game in hopes that Tebow will do the fourth quarter miracle thing.
    All He Does Is Win
    i predict tebow will be average enough over the remainder of the season to be named the starter going into next year

i bring this to all of your attention again and expect to be given proper accolades. he now has won a playoff game which i seem to recall being mentioned a time or two also.
  • All hail the apostle Bak4mor. :p
  • nimrodnimrod Senior Member Posts: 756 Senior Member
    I am glad this was brought back...Now we know who knows what and who don't know squat!
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,076 Senior Member
    Elway still wants Matt Flynn, and Tebow still isn't the long term answer.....if Tomlin rests BR in Cleveland, Tebow time would already be going the way of the Icky Shuffle
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    tim_s wrote: »
    if Tomlin rests BR in Cleveland...

And cures sickle cell.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,076 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    And cures sickle cell.

a healthy BR beats that team, even with all the other injuries......and i can't stand BR

he loosened up in the 2nd half, looked a lot more mobile....not sure if it was another shot at half time or it just naturally loosened up, but he was lighting them up pretty well

nice win for denver, no excuses - but seattle pulled off a win against NO last year, too......flukes happen, any given sunday, yadda yadda yadda.......tebow was still the worst of the full time first year starters this year, and i'll still take dalton/newton/ponder long term
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I agree re: BR's gimpiness. But I think Lebeau forgot the definition of a safety.

I think Tebow will ultimately be the white Vince Young. You can't be that inaccurate and last long in the NFL.
  • tim_s wrote: »
    Elway still wants Matt Flynn, and Tebow still isn't the long term answer.....if Tomlin rests BR in Cleveland, Tebow time would already be going the way of the Icky Shuffle

I didn't realize they had Renowned in @ LB last night? ****, did I watch the wrong game again?
    Every good game TT has changes minds in the Broncos braintrust (not just Elway). If they can win playoff games with that style, why not. The big thing is that TT has shown he can run the ball and stay healthy. The point is made that unless a pocket QB has good blocking, they get injured because they are defenseless. TT is talking no bigger chance of injury when he stands in the pocket than he does when he runs to the sidelines. As to Flynn, he would be a fool to sign with Denver to compete with TT.

As to the game, the broncos had a list of key players injured as well. Denver played better, outcoached the Steelers coaches, and lost out on a ridiculous call on that fumbled backward pass.
  • creekguy wrote: »
    Every good game TT has changes minds in the Broncos braintrust (not just Elway). If they can win playoff games with that style, why not. The big thing is that TT has shown he can run the ball and stay healthy. The point is made that unless a pocket QB has good blocking, they get injured because they are defenseless. TT is talking no bigger chance of injury when he stands in the pocket than he does when he runs to the sidelines. As to Flynn, he would be a fool to sign with Denver to compete with TT.

As to the game, the broncos had a list of key players injured as well. Denver played better, outcoached the Steelers coaches, and lost out on a ridiculous call on that fumbled backward pass.

What about the facemask when TT's head got **** around late in the 4th.

Fact is, just like in the Pat's game earlier thus year. It is clearly evident there are rules for QB's in the No Fun League, but not when Renowned is on the field. The pat's were served well in the precious meeting by TO's. But the refs gave them 3 auto first Downs on questionable calls at best that all resulted in points. So all things being equal, and I doubt they will be. I give Denver a good chance, much less to cover the spread.
  • Mr. RightMr. Right Senior Member Posts: 535 Senior Member
    It looked to me that the key to beating the TT Broncos has to do with defending against the long throws. KC did a good job of this. The Steelers didn't. It will be interesting to see how well the Pats can do in this regard. I'm guessing they will do just fine.

For those of you who don't visit conservative sites, there is an interesting post making the rounds. There is a picture of Muslims totally choking off a street in France as they all bow towards Mecca and a picture of Tebow bending on his knee to God. The captions read why is this OK, while this one is not?
  • What the hell, does everything come down to liberal vs conservative for you? Can't you simply have a conversation about something as trivial as a puppet act, without it getting into politics?

Apparently it does no matter what thread it is. :rolleyes:
    jbilly wrote: »
    All hail the apostle Bak4mor. :p

this works
    nimrod wrote: »
    I am glad this was brought back...Now we know who knows what and who don't know squat!

as does this
    i am waiting for the others to join in
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,534 Senior Member
    I would join in. But quite frankly if it isn't about the Giants, I really don't care.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I'd join in, but it's winter and Hockey is king.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • nimrodnimrod Senior Member Posts: 756 Senior Member
    ...its all about the Giants in cheeseland.
    Mr. Right wrote: »
    For those of you who don't visit lame brained, whiny paranoid sites, there is an interesting post making the rounds. There is a picture of Muslims totally choking off a street in France as they all bow towards Mecca and a picture of Tebow bending on his knee to God. The captions read why is this OK, while this one is not?

Fixed it for you, Right.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,534 Senior Member
    Btw the answer is one there is nothing wrong with what Tebow is doing and two he looks stupid doing it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement