Home The Lodge

visitors

FishTXFishTX Super ModeratorPosts: 8,402 Senior Member
Heard some rustling on the deck. I went out to find this guy with his head in the dog food bag.

4d0df3ff.jpg

He had friend.

813c538b.jpg

The first one was timid, but after putting food out in the nearest thing handy (an old Mercury hubcap) and putting out some water, he decided he really likes me. Acts like he's been here for years.

The little one doesn't look good. Maybe malnourished. He is sort timid, but also seems like he needs some social contact. He doesn't seem comfortable around the other dog and moron, but seems to relax when I pet him.

The big one gets along with lug nut.

f0e41c8b.jpg
"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Looks like you found Granger a friend or two! Maybe this will help with his insanity when you go for a bike ride.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    The Aussie mix looks a little psycho. The other not so much. ADOPT THEM!
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,402 Senior Member
    The other seems like fine dog. Friendly. Gets along with Granger. Decided the ground below the back of the truck is his spot to rest.

I'll see if they hang around before I decide on them.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,402 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Antifreeze3.jpg

That your business lunch cocktail?

No, it makes a nice treat for unwanted dogs. And houseguests. I call it, "Farewell Slurry". Serve chilled or over ice. Serves 15.
  • Buffy that's pretty dam callous. Death that way is not pleasant. Call your local pound or use a 22 to the back of the head. Heck of a lot cheaper and less painful.

Death by antifreeze poisoning often begins with a deceptive intoxication. As ethylene glycol—the sweet, syrupy toxin found in antifreeze—is absorbed into the bloodstream, it produces that tipsiness and slurred speech one might enjoy from a stiff cocktail. But the similarities end there.

"About 24 hours later, a searing headache develops, followed by nausea, dizziness, hyperventilation and delusions. The body's survival instincts kick in with vomiting and diarrhea—a futile attempt to expel the deadly poison. If an antidote is not administered quickly, death from acute kidney failure, heart attack or coma inevitably follows."

The signs of EG poisoning include excessive thirst and urination, lack of coordination, weakness, nausea, tremors, vomiting, rapid breathing and heart rate, convulsions, diarrhea, and paralysis.

Once EG is inside the body, it is changed into a crystalline acid which attacks the kidneys. Treatment involves intravenous alcohol to prevent EG from being converted to oxalic acid that damages the kidneys.
    You know I'm kiddin. I've never ever poisoned an animal, dog or human.
  • Thanks. Now hug me I'm feeling vulnerable.
    There's a good boy. Do you mind a UFIA?
  • U.F.I.A. = universally feared in asking?
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Your dates have gotten prettier.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    yatahey wrote: »
    The Aussie mix looks a little psycho.
    Nah, she looks shy and a bit scared. Also reminds of those poor animals in those save the animals commercials they show late at night. I'm such a sucker for animals.
    Let us know if they stick around or catch the next freight train out of town.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,010 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    No, it makes a nice treat for unwanted dogs. And houseguests. I call it, "Farewell Slurry". Serve chilled or over ice. Serves 15.

That stuff is pretty much useless. They modified the ethylene glycol so it no longer has a sweet taste. Animals will no longer drink it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • SaraSara Senior Member Posts: 512 Senior Member
    Wow! Maybe Granger will have some friends. You never know what may come of this chance encounter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement