Brian's new favorite rock group

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
the other day a friend sent me a link from the local Craig's List about an all girl rock band that was looking for someone to show up and take photos of their appearance in our town. I figured "why not?" and went to their gig at a local club. Ended up shooting some group shots in the dressing room, which I'm not super-thrilled with, but they seem to like a lot.

The band, which calls themselves "Jaggedy Ann", is actually pretty good. Their lead guitarist, Leo, does some serious shredding -- and the vocalist belts it out pretty good. Some of the band members are regionally based, some of 'em work out of Las Vegas -- next time they're all in town, we'll do an actual studio session.

6100297348_bfa911ed96_b.jpg
DSC_7606-Edit by Scott Butner, on Flickr

6099024732_2f4c7d01e6_b.jpg
DSC_7577 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

6099073994_f6330de5d5_b.jpg
DSC_7920-Edit by Scott Butner, on Flickr

6098537517_ea7d1a9631_b.jpg
DSC_7928-Edit by Scott Butner, on Flickr

6099081848_2abcd71c02_b.jpg
DSC_7923 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    this post is simian approved
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,899 Senior Member
    Oh.... My......

The one in the fishnet top... Bring her to me. I'll give her the most miserable 3 minutes of her LIFE. And it'll be the best minute and a half of mine. (Extra minute and a half is me weeping afterwards).

Run that by her, see what she thinks.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    yeah, she definitely knows how to get attention on stage. She does a terrific Tina Turner imitation, too.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Oh.... My......

The one in the fishnet top... Bring her to me. I'll give her the most miserable 3 minutes of her LIFE. And it'll be the best minute and a half of mine. (Extra minute and a half is me weeping afterwards).

Run that by her, see what she thinks.
    This is better than that other post. You get another AVN award script writing.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    The girl second from the left in the top picture looks like the girl from the movie, "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo."
    And Buffy you'll need your wife permission to take the jar with your balls in them with you.
    so, the bass player goes by the name "Blue" -- onstage and off ("Only my dad calls me by my first name, and only when I'm in trouble"). And she wants to do a pin-up style vintage shoot sometime soon.

as it turns out, I did a favor for another musician friend of mine (gave him my ticket to go see the Reverend Horton Heat) -- and he has a bright blue, stand-up bass with custom pinstriping and two pinup paintings on the front. Which he's willing to let us use as a prop for said shoot of Blue, the bass player.

So we'll have Blue the bass player, playing a Blue bass.

That may be the most alliterative shoot I'll ever manage to pull together!

SB
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,899 Senior Member
    Put me in the shoot. I have blue balls. You'll never beat it, alliteratively speaking.
    dude's on a hot streak!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,639 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Oh.... My......

The one in the fishnet top...

Agreed. Yowza!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.