how about a first gun thread?

P.DieterP.Dieter Super ModeratorPosts: 968 Senior Member
___________________________________________________________________________________
it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it
- Aristotle

Northwest Fly Anglers

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,047 Senior Member
    Our esteemed Governor Corbett signed a revised "Castle Doctrine" bill that eliminates the previous requirement to attempt to retreat. He also cut funding for public schools drastically rather than tax gas fracking companies.

House Bill 40: The bill, known as the “Castle Doctrine” bill, amends 18 Pa.C.S. (Crimes and Offenses) and 42 Pa.C.S. (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) to expand and further define an individual’s right to use deadly force inside or outside of the individual’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle. It eliminates an individual’s duty to retreat before using deadly force if the person is in a place the person has a right to be and believes that deadly force is necessary to protect himself against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping, or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat.

Here in PA you could claim that you believed that the burglar was going to force you to have sexual intercourse with his wife, and you would walk.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishnbanjofishnbanjo Senior Member Posts: 240 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    Our esteemed Governor Corbett signed a revised "Castle Doctrine" bill that eliminates the previous requirement to attempt to retreat. He also cut funding for public schools drastically rather than tax gas fracking companies.

House Bill 40: The bill, known as the “Castle Doctrine” bill, amends 18 Pa.C.S. (Crimes and Offenses) and 42 Pa.C.S. (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) to expand and further define an individual’s right to use deadly force inside or outside of the individual’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle. It eliminates an individual’s duty to retreat before using deadly force if the person is in a place the person has a right to be and believes that deadly force is necessary to protect himself against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping, or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat.

Here in PA you could claim that you believed that the burglar was going to force you to have sexual intercourse with his wife, and you would walk.

I've seen his wife and quite frankly I wouldn't walk, I'd run!
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Sounds like a just sentence.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.