S&P downgrades US credit rating

yataheyyatahey Senior MemberPosts: 5,605 Senior Member
Site not including raising taxes as one of the reasons. Baggers and gopers sink the ship.
http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/united-states-credit-rating-downgraded-4340644

"Official reasons given, one official says, will be the political confusion surrounding the process of raising the debt ceiling, and lack of confidence that the political system will be able to agree to more deficit reduction. A source says Republicans saying that they refuse to accept any tax increases as part of a larger deal will be part of the reason cited. The official was unsure if the bond rating would be AA+ or AA."
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/08/govt-official-us-expecting-sp-downgrade.html
"When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    That's not how the ignorant will see it. Wonder what the market will look like on Monday?
    I can see the bumper stickers to come. Standard and Poorer featuring an Obama picture or someother chest pounding "we the USA don't mess with us " stuff.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    I can't wait to see how Cant-or and **** spin this into not being their fault. The Dems should beat them to death with this.
    They will say that S&P can't dictate to the USA.
    The report said that S&P wanted more cuts like the Grand Plan Obama first discussed. but that had taxes involved.
    greenman wrote: »
    The report said that S&P wanted more cuts like the Grand Plan Obama first discussed. but that had taxes involved.

That can't be true. That would mean Obama was right.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,989 Senior Member
    Maybe they should play Here come the clowns instead of hail to the Chief.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    Indeed. The argument being made by Ali Velshi on CNN is that S&P wasn't all that great on credit ratings in 08 when the **** hit the fan. Obama's message should be. "I tried to get the fiscal house in order with my first offer but as I remember Boehner rejected that plan".
  • Buford wrote: »

Buford who looked more like a petulant child in those debates? I don't remember the President walking out on talks or not willing to negotiate. You can thank the Tea Party clowns for this one.
    By refusing to raise taxes on the rich, gopers are now responsible for a defacto tax increase on every American who uses credit in the form of imminent credit rate increases.
    Buford wrote: »

They don't play Hail to the Chief for the Squeaker of the House.

and look who just swallowed the Boehner
    You know you can blame who ever you want. Our government leaders are acting like clowns in a circus. They are just making things worse and who suffers? the American people.
  • So Obama doesn't get elected. We get what Perry or Romney? Perry's having a "Pray the Malaise Away" festival in Texas and Romney made his money by selling off parts of companies and sending jobs out of the country. NICE choices.
    None of the above.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,905 Senior Member
    Way to take stand Buford. [rolling eyes]
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Way to take stand Buford. [rolling eyes]

Stand, what stand? We have two parties of crap.
    So Buford who should we vote for. Tell us. Try to actually express an opinion.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Stand, what stand? We have two parties of crap.

Hail to the Chief ... applies to the President ... who you are blaming is pretty plain
    You know you can blame who ever you want.

Well I blame the whole freakin lot of them. Every single one of them screwed the pooch here. Instead of making drastic cuts and raising taxes they effectively kicked the can down the road for 2 more years. Wahooo problem solved.

I will not vote for a single incumbent next election.

People here have used the argument that we all buy house, etc on credit which is true and so there is nothing wrong with the government doing it too. Ok, I'll buy that.

But unlike each and everyone of us here, the banks wouldn't let us continue to keep borrowing endlessly. Maybe we have finally hit rock bottom and our economy is now really going to eat $hat. I hope all these a$$hats we elected are proud of themselves.

Monday is going to be ugly!
    Seriously if Boehner began this process by working with the moderates in both parties instead of trying to appease a minority in his own caucus, he could have probably gotten a better deal weeks ago. He is the Speaker of the House, not the Speaker of the teabaggers.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Well I blame the whole freakin lot of them. Every single one of them screwed the pooch here. Instead of making drastic cuts and raising taxes they effectively kicked the can down the road for 2 more years. Wahooo problem solved.

I will not vote for a single incumbent next election.

People here have used the argument that we all buy house, etc on credit which is true and so there is nothing wrong with the government doing it too. Ok, I'll buy that.

But unlike each and everyone of us here, the banks wouldn't let us continue to keep borrowing endlessly. Maybe we have finally hit rock bottom and our economy is now really going to eat $hat. I hope all these a$$hats we elected are proud of themselves.

No argument here.
    jbilly wrote: »

In fairness you are going to die someday. There is a finite amount of money you will earn in your lifetime.
    Dude,
    Obama's original plan to cut 2 Trillion in spending and raise taxes on the rich would have satisfied S&P. Republicans refused to raise taxes with a threat of blowing up the country. Now who did you say is to blame?
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    Hail to the Chief ... applies to the President ... who you are blaming is pretty plain

Well he is the one sitting in the big chair.
  • so the economy is totally in his sole control

like I said look who swallowed the Boehner
    saupload_policymakers.jpg

Boenher.........Cantor.........McConnell

We need a fourth for Buford.
  • oh and Yat?

Republicans never deficit spent nor doubled the national debt ... well at least they didn't want to it was 'Demon'-crats that made them do it

the 'clowns' aren't just in office ... they're also listening to Talk Radio and Fox
    so the economy is totally in his sole control

like I said look who swallowed the Boehner

Never said that. I said my government is to blame. You know that Captain thing and all.
    oh and Yat?

Republicans never deficit spent nor doubled the national debt

Now you know that is untrue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.