Spam-O-Rama

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 9,815 Senior Member
It's Spam-O-Rama This Morning On The Main Board
Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    We could all use some more **** spam. Make's you miss Kanola almost doesn't it?
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,874 Senior Member
    Sorry, slept in this morning. 28 spam threads removed along with 37 posts.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Goldie is the problem that this forum allows an automatic membership? If mods were allowed to see membership requests before they hit the board would that change things?
    why yes, yes it would...

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    Sorry, slept in this morning.
    I missed the fun. I was out measuring new fencing that needs to be paid for. :D
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    why yes, yes it would...

Well there's the solution maybe. How many legit member requests does the forum receive vs. the amount of spammers?
    I can't answer that, because I don't know.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,593 Senior Member
    How would you know if someone is legit if they haven't posted anything yet/
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    How would you know if someone is legit if they haven't posted anything yet/
    That's my question. For previous spammers, I guess the IP address is a clue.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    The name is usually a clue as well. It seems to always be randomly generated letters.

Would requiring them to check an e-mail sent by the Forum to them like other forums do work? you know you have to authenticate some gibberish letters back and then your are let in?
    We can sit here and come up with all sorts of ideas about how to rid the world of spammers but it comes down to the powers that be responding to our requests, which for the most part they do just not this (yet)

I'm confident they see it, but they're busy.

How's that for kissing booty? :D

The name is usually a clue as well. It seems to always be randomly generated letters.
    Or it's Cyrillic. Why do y'all hate my people? :)

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,593 Senior Member
    Yeah but when you look at IP are you seeing my external IP or that of my provider.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    We can sit here and come up with all sorts of ideas about how to rid the world of spammers but it comes down to the powers that be responding to our requests, which for the most part they do just not this (yet)

I'm confident they see it, but they're busy.

How's that for kissing booty? :D

Give me the power oh mighty Super mod. I will smote them like a Knights Templar in the name of Jesus. Can I get an Amen?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.