Global Warming on the Moon

proof there is almost nothing dumber than a Foxateer

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201107280014

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,972 Senior Member
    Screw the moon. I'm still PI$$ED because Pluto lost it's status as a planet.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Oh the humanity. Won't the moon melt if there is lunar warming there?

Ummmm space fondue.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    "Tide comes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that." Bill O'Really.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,057 Senior Member
    Who's the top science guy? Butner or Nye? One schools people while looking dashing in a bow tie, while the other takes photos of pretty women and landscapes.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    honestly?

already this morning the Foxtard across the street repeated this to me as 'proof' the GW is a fraud

me thinks it is once again time to make **** come out of his ray-dee-oh
    You've done ****. How about Chairman Mao?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    he would just think it's the Chinese restaurant delivery guy on a CB

you know ... they all sound alike
    Buford wrote: »
    Screw the moon. I'm still PI$$ED because Pluto lost it's status as a planet.

Be happy if you still have Uranus after Tuesday.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    AND,,,,,,,(PhysOrg.com) -- Analysis of new images of a curious “hot spot” on the far side of the Moon reveal it to be a small volcanic province created by the upwelling of silicic magma. The unusual location of the province and the surprising composition of the lava that formed it offer tantalizing clues to the Moon’s thermal history.

Now you have to explain what the "dark side of the moon" means to your neighbor. (preferably with a Pink Floyd record and a few tokes).

Brain puzzler for the astronomy challenged: The moon actually does spin on its axis, but one side only always faces the Earth. How is this possible?

This silicic volcano is pretty kool to geologists. i will bring up in this fall's lectures on igneous differentiation.
    creekguy wrote: »
    Brain puzzler for the astronomy challenged: The moon actually does spin on its axis, but one side only always faces the Earth. How is this possible?
    I'm pretty sure that is an easy one to explain.

I am going with ... while perched on the finger of God
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    AND,,,,,,,(PhysOrg.com) -- i will bring up in this fall's lectures on igneous differentiation.
    By igneous differentiation are you referring to the space between Mr Rights ears?
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
    FishTX wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that is an easy one to explain.

Ha.. weasel answer. either you know or don't know!
    O.K. The moon's rotational period about the its axis is equal to its orbital period. Right or wrong?

O.K. The moon's rotational period about the its axis is equal to its orbital period. Right or wrong?

Phhhttt. Everyone knows it is because the moon is flat and that everything rotates about the moon. Duuuhhh.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Who's the top science guy? Butner or Nye? One schools people while looking dashing in a bow tie, while the other takes photos of pretty women and landscapes.
    I bow to Bill Nye -- once stood in line for an hour jsut to get his autograph on his book, for my kids.
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    finger of God

I am pretty sure he is giving you the finger.
    I bow to Bill Nye -- once stood in line for an hour jsut to get his autograph on his book, for my kids.

Is that why his book says "Dear Scott, I hope you grow up one day to become a scientist. Your Buddy, Bill"
    I'd be happy to just grow up.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Is that why his book says "Dear Scott, I hope you grow up one day to become a scientist. Your Buddy, Bill"
    I heard he wrote in your book "Dear Jbilly, if can't be a real scientist, you can always go into engineering."

I heard he wrote in your book "Dear Jbilly, if can't be a real scientist, you can always go into engineering."

Where the &^%$ is the coffee spitting guy!

P. good. Now explain how a volcano on the far side of the moon relates to global warming. If you can, Fox "news" has a job for you!
    P. good. Now explain how a volcano on the far side of the moon relates to global warming.

It does if you've been snorting the magic pixie dust.

I'll take stab at it. The volcanoes on the moon erupt in cycles and the volcanic dust travels 384,403 km and get stuck in our atmosphere. This keeps the earth from loosing the heat it's absorbed since the last cycle, therefore this is natural cycle and not climate change influenced by man. How did I do?

I love Bill Nye science guy. Used to watch it with the kid.

Nye proved the answer to the universe's most important question.

No, not whether a divine being exists.

He showed conclusively why if you drop a slice of pizza it will always land face down.

I don't remember anything else, but that stuck.
    It does if you've been snorting the magic pixie dust.

I'll take stab at it. The volcanoes on the moon erupt in cycles and the volcanic dust travels 384,403 km and get stuck in our atmosphere. This keeps the earth from loosing the heat it's absorbed since the last cycle, therefore this is natural cycle and not climate change influenced by man. How did I do?

You did fine, and have a fine future as an engineer before you.

(Which is to say, as long as you can quote big numbers at the drop of a hat, you will succeed, although it also helps to look good in a suit.)

(But please don't think you can ascend to be a finance guy: that takes numbers, plus the suit, plus the chutzpah.)
    I hate suits and I'm an engineering school dropout. Sometimes I wish I'd stayed with my original major. Like this week with temps predicted to get to 107 degrees and I work outdoors. :)

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,271 Senior Member
    You're kidding right. When Chase instituted casual dress Fridays, it had to be explained to the computer engineers that sweat suits were not exactly business casual.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I'll bet what Chase considers business casual is what I call my Sunday Finest.

Steven wrote: »

I don't remember anything else, but that stuck.

so did the pizza, as I recall

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.