He kilt a mess o Germans.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    greenman wrote: »
    He kilt a mess o Germans.

he kilt a mess o western movies too

alll but one die an agonizingly slow death on the screen
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    Which one?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Night Passage
    Aah. It's got J. Stewart. It can't suck too bad with Jimmy.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

they almost did by giving Murphy the character name of The Utica Kid

roflmao ... '50s westerns
    You mean '50s westerns aren't realistic? I'm heartbroken.

only the ones with John Wayne and Ward Bond

everybody knoweds that
    Hey now. I like Ward Bond.

he woulda called you a stinkin' 'commie'

you should be black listed
    Maybe he is trying to show that he is the head ****.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,580 Senior Member
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    he kilt a mess o western movies too

alll but one die an agonizingly slow death on the screen

Smile when you say that!

Come on you didn't like "Destry Rides Again?"
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

the 1939 one with Jimmy Stewart and Marlene Dietrich

I sure did
    See I like them both equally. I saw the Audie Murphy one first though.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    ironically both had the same director

I got a thing about originals v remakes tho

I just never thought Murphy had that much depth as an actor ... he was kinda like Ester Williams in that way except he almost always drew at the box office because of genuine war hero status proving that you really can put lipstick on a pig (or pitbull)
    I guess because I grew up on his westerns, I have kind of a nostalgic affection for him. They used to have a Western Theater thing here every Saturday afternoon right after Abbott and Costello, and they showed a lot of his westerns on there.
    monkeydoes wrote: »
    ... he was kinda like Ester Williams in that way...
    Yeah, but I'm guessing Williams looked better in a swimsuit.

• yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Yeah, but I'm guessing Williams looked better in a swimsuit.
    and without one too.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

hey Chris I am not saying they aren't nostalgic but try watching an Audie Murphy western movie marathon sometime and then get back to me
    yatahey wrote: »
    and without one too.

ya know kids

Ms Williams is still with us and I saw her in an interview recently and for 89 she has aged quite well ... I'm guessing her 4 husbands would agree with you Yat
    If she was 20 years younger I'd apply for #5.
    No 4 is still with her so you might have to get your cane out to battle the old guy with a walker
    Hey, what do you think I am, a republican?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.