Home The Lodge

So Most of You are Still "Alive"

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,935 Senior Member

I am glad to have rose from the dead due to fishtex and Butner

The world has been different since "seeing" you last. I don't have short term, immediate nor any kind of memory anymore due to "seizures." Because of that I haven't driven in over two years, I haven't fished or much else. I have been taking tons of pictures. Most of the time has been with family and especially my grandson Kai.

Two trips to The Mayo Clinic to see my five thousand dollar a visit neurologist. Last time (two weeks ago) I was there for five days of tests. I have a new drug that maybe will eventually allow me to drive again. Everything is good here except for...what was I going to say? I also have forgotten most of the songs I've played on the guitar. When I learn a new one I forget it and have to learn it all over. So now I do "surf" music. No framework, just let it flow and see what comes up. Two guitars, violin, snare drum and tom, sticks, metal objects and electronics,.... make some very fun sounds. I'll play one "song" for an easy hour and a half which makes me as happy as catching a monster Brown or really finicky Brookie in a clear as glass stream.

But it has been photography has taken up nearly all my time outside of family as mentioned above. I.....

I now forgot again what I was going to say so I'll just say hi to you all and see what you've been up to.

Michael

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,513 Senior Member

The good news is that you're still on the right side of the grass. I hope the new treatment helps. Good luck.

The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,935 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #3

So far.

I can't remember the last time I was here. It could have been last year or five years ago. I can't remember if it was after or before all the heart surgeries. Yeah it is good to be above ground. I've been living on borrowed time. Thanks George. I have learned one thing in that time is that I have very little use for politics and righteousness so I doubt I'll participate in much of that.

Some things I am sure are still the same like sherb still hates me. haha. I don't hate him though, never did.

my best to everyone

• Buffco2Buffco2 Posts: 844 Senior Member

Good to hear from you Mike.

Good to see you Buffy

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,129 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #6

Sherb hates everybody equally. :) Good to hear from ya.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,889 Senior Member

Thanks for dropping in. I gave instructions for posting photos in my reply to your email.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

I'm sure Michael won't mind. He shared three of his photos in his email reply to me, so I'll post them here.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    edited March 2020 #9

like this? Sweet and sour

thanks Mike

I like all of them. I shared the three you sent me with Butner through private chat.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 6,284 Senior Member

Moi? Hate?

Never. I’m glad to hear from you, as always. 🥃

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,972 Senior Member

Best wishes Dog

• Magalloway2Magalloway2 Posts: 51 Member

Mike, hearing from you is the brightest ray of sunshine this day produced. God bless you and keep you.

Jim

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member

So nice to hear from you Mike.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,977 Senior Member

I'm sorry I missed this yesterday but you were in touch today.

I've missed my friend. And Driftless too. Put a note in your calendar to check back on August 10.

• LandoLando Posts: 261 Senior Member

What was the name of your alter ego way back when?

edited April 2020 #17

@Steven said:

And Driftless too.

I just friended him on facebook two or three days ago.

@Lando said:

I think Michael was always Wetdog.

@FishTX said:

@Lando said:

No. I remember what it was but I'll wait to see if 'dog answers. I remember it caused quite a stir, but I don't remember why anymore.

@FishTX said:

@Steven said:

And Driftless too.

I just friended him on facebook a two or three days ago.

Tell him I say hey and to be safe, please

edited April 2020 #21

I have always been wetdog as far as I remember. There must have been some other handle. I actually remember trying to come up with a name, when my dog Freya came in and shook.....hence wetdog.

It's good to "see" you all and I appreciated the kind words.

And what happened to Bob?

@Steven said:

@FishTX said:

@Lando said:

No. I remember what it was but I'll wait to see if 'dog answers. I remember it caused quite a stir, but I don't remember why anymore.

Members weren't allowed to have two accounts.

I also remember what it was.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,152 Senior Member

Sherb, check your messages with regards to what I'm thinking Steven is thinking of...

Wetdog, glad to see you are still around and above ground.

@sherb said:

@Steven said:

@FishTX said:

@Lando said:

Members weren't allowed to have two accounts.

I also remember what it was.

Since 'dog doesn't remember...I think it was Blue Ox. People had a meltdown...but Blue Ox had a great backstory that sucked people in...hence the meltdown.

Can't remember what the backstory was though. I thought it was hilarious, but dang people were ticked.

edited April 2020 #26

I thought I remembered he was Blue Ox.

Did we ever figure out who Eugene was?

Blue Ox. I think you got it...at least I think so. I wonder why I changed it? I wonder what the story was? It's funny, I used to be able to remember what hand I used to pick up a tire iron back in '74. Now I don't remember '74. That near photographic memory is long gone.

If I got the place out of it's "blahness" back then it was a good thing. haha Don't worry I won't do that again. I am all puppy dogs and flowers today. (fingers crossed)

• CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 349 Senior Member

I have not signed in or posted here in forever, but wanted I saw your post and just wanted to say "Hi" and glad to hear from you.

@breamfisher said:

Did we ever figure out who Eugene was?

No. And I've obsessed about it ever since. I've even reread those threads looking for clues.

@Cuddy said:
    I have not signed in or posted here in forever, but wanted I saw your post and just wanted to say "Hi" and glad to hear from you.

This was my first time in three years I am guessing. I hope you are doing well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement