Home The Lodge

Official Get out there and get us some fish **** thread.

1235»

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,937 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #122

@sherb said:
    Love some Great Lakes chrome!

Agree. They fight like no other!!!

I think I'm going to return again this weekend to fish.

• LandoLando Posts: 260 Senior Member

My bearings blew an hour from home......called to get a tow, another boat, and four hours later, back on the road. The water temps are getting better, but we just need some weather to make things less miserable. Pike were the target.....found a few, with some incidental by-catch.

• GreenMtBoy2GreenMtBoy2 Posts: 619 Senior Member
    edited October 2020 #124

I’ve been getting out a fair amount this month for some late season fishing. I went over to Maine last weekend with my brother and the second and third pictures are from that outing. They depict a well known spot where one lake empties into another and is the location the Grey Ghost streamer fly was invented. Conditions were tough-it snowed pretty hard one night and the next morning was cold and still snowy but the sun came out later in the morning. The fishing was slow but fish (landlocked Atlantic salmon) were had. Earlier this morning I went up to at trib of lake Memphremagog inthe Northeast Kingdom here in VT and got the landlock in the first pic.

Not fish. But a grouse my dog flushed out for me over the weekend. She wanted another taste of it when this pic was snapped.

Browns are on their redds and trout fishers are getting giddy..........

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,508 Senior Member

@TheBirdMan said:
    I guess in the end its all just impaling things in the face with sharp objects then dragging them around! to each his or her own.

Stabbing fish in the face for chubs.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@Lando said:
    It is what it is, and like I always say, you be you. However, I really believe all fly fishers go through the same stages. First, you just want to catch a fish. Then you just want to catch all the fish. Once you get tired of a bobber, you just want to catch the biggest fish. Lastly, you just want to catch a fish the way you want to catch a fish. I have been through all those stages......I spent two years tossing a two-hander and nothing else. I then found a new species that is about 5 hours from me. I don't know why I drive past some prime trout water to go beat myself up. For example, this weekend I am heading there for three days of double-haulling a 3/0. The wind is supposed to be nasty, then a big **** storm, then maybe one day of eh. I am hauling the lady and kid so she can try out her new 10 wt. It is a pain in the ****, but that one eat. That one fish that comes out of nowhere and inhales a 10" fly that took me two hours to tie.......and now I get to share that with a lady I love. She tied up her own Buford in anticipation of a big **** eat.

So Mike, you are right. You be you......but I still want to get some tacos and float the Stillwater.

The weird thing is I am in different stages on different days.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    edited November 2020 #129

I know it is a stocker and it is a lousy picture. Hard when you fishing by yourself. But this is my first grayling.

Got him here.

That looks like a whitefish.........sorry.

Anyone recognize this guy?

We went after elk....he got my truck stuck and killed the battery.

@Lando said:
    That looks like a whitefish.........sorry.

Trust me he had the dorsal fin. I checked. I actually got three that day

I said I was sorry.......but congratulations.

I only got three fish this weekend, but this was one of them......

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member

Is the white whale? 48 inches?

@sherb said:
    Is the white whale? 48 inches?

I am looking for a four footer......

Only 3' 5".......

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member

My white whale is a 30" brown. I know they are there.

Wind River Canyon.

@Lando said:
    I am looking for a four footer......

WI has a bunch of them...

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 6,101 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    My white whale is a 30" brown. I know they are there.

They used to be around here...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement