Well, looks like the NYPD is fed up...

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 4,510 Senior Member

Sergeants' union says NYPD is 'declaring war' on de Blasio.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-union-declares-war-on-mayor

Replies

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,028 Senior Member

and heads of other unions seem like they don't agree

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,510 Senior Member

The Sergeants Benevolent Association claims a membership of 13,000 active and retired NYPD sergeants. Anyway you dice it, it's terrible optics for the city.

and the head of the largest union, the NYC PBA, with over 24,000 members, distanced themselves from his comments

the optics actually look pretty poor for Mullins

That’s exactly what’s wrong. A 13 year old stabbed a female to death and the outrage is about his remarks about her buying pot which she probably was.

But I digress. He’s going to labeled a white supremist by the msm and the NYPD will carry on with the wonderful relations they have with the lawless parts of the city. Throwing buckets of water on them. Attacking them while their making arrests. Shooting up their precincts. Ambushing then in their squad cars. No biggie.

and you think this guy is the solution, or a part of the problem?

• ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 249 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    That’s exactly what’s wrong. A 13 year old stabbed a female to death and the outrage is about his remarks about her buying pot which she probably was.
    But I digress. He’s going to labeled a white supremist by the msm and the NYPD will carry on with the wonderful relations they have with the lawless parts of the city. Throwing buckets of water on them. Attacking them while their making arrests. Shooting up their precincts. Ambushing then in their squad cars. No biggie.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,001 Senior Member

Yeah Trump spent a lot of time hanging out with cops. Is there any stupidity you will not believe?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

BTW buckets of water would be an improvement over the bricks that were being tossed on them during Guiliani.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@ShawnC2 said:

@MikeA said:

Maybe after two police assassination attempts it's time to give a F. Just a thought.

again i pose the question, when someone like mullins spews ignorant rhetoric while speaking for some (a minority) of the officers, does it help or hurt the situation

i know what argument i'd make, but please, asnwer.......is mullins simply a reaction, a representation of the problem, or even part of the cause?

@tim_s said:
    again i pose the question, when someone like mullins spews ignorant rhetoric while speaking for some (a minority) of the officers, does it help or hurt the situation

i know what argument i'd make, but please, asnwer.......is mullins simply a reaction, a representation of the problem, or even part of the cause?

It's not just Mullins Tim.
    Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Pat Lynch had his own words for those he perceives to be perpetuating anti-cop messaging after the two targeted attacks.

“It is a double miracle that we are not preparing for two funerals right now,” he said in a statement released Sunday morning. “These targeted attacks are exactly what we have warned against, again and again. The hatred and violence directed at cops continues to grow. Good luck and kind words are not enough to keep police officers or the public safe. Our elected officials need to start listening to us and working with us — not against us — to fix the deteriorating environment on our streets.”

i see nothing inflammatory in what lynch said, however......so he is looking for a solution, and not continuing to further the divide.......do you now think de blasios stance was a response to previous issues? i did a little reading, and can understand how the current admin got to where they were at in terms of the police and their policies, there were some difficult situations and statistics to looks at.....sounds like lynch understands that all 3 sides of the triangle (police/public/politicians) need to be working together for all 3 to improve......mullins, not so much......his inflammatory history sounds like exactly that attitude and actions that put de blasio into the situation he inherited

Lynch's words are the words of a man who wants to serve his constituents AND his public by working towards solutions

Mullins words, like Trumps, are those of a man who wants to get elected/re-elected.....not coincidentally both make money off their constituency, and neither seems all that concerned with actually finding solutions, just staying in power

interesting parallels for sure......

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,662 Senior Member

The justice system is **** up when someone can shoot someone in the back and be on the street in just 2 years. You can't argue with that!!

@MikeA said:

@tim_s said:

It's not just Mullins Tim.
    Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Pat Lynch had his own words for those he perceives to be perpetuating anti-cop messaging after the two targeted attacks.

“It is a double miracle that we are not preparing for two funerals right now,” he said in a statement released Sunday morning. “These targeted attacks are exactly what we have warned against, again and again. The hatred and violence directed at cops continues to grow. Good luck and kind words are not enough to keep police officers or the public safe. Our elected officials need to start listening to us and working with us — not against us — to fix the deteriorating environment on our streets.”

There would be no anti-cop messaging if they didn't just choke a man to death for selling loose cigarettes, or shove a stick up a man's butt, or shoot a man fifty times for reaching for his wallet.

@CO Native said:
    The justice system is **** up when someone can shoot someone in the back and be on the street in just 2 years. You can't argue with that!!

Or back on the job in two weeks.

edited February 11 #22

Right... Everybody knows that it’s the police that F everything up in these big cities.

Is there no level of evil you won't defend?

edited February 11 #23

You are defending shoving a stick up a man's butt.

I am not defending anything. BTW, I think that NYC cops are the finest in the US. I am not anti-cop. I am anti-bad cop.

Gaslight much?

edited February 11 #25

This whole thread is a gaslight.

BTW when he is talking about being stopped from doing their jobs, he is talking about racial profiling, stop and frisk, and illegal choke holds.

Vigilante justice against all police is ok as long as it’s based on the actions of one officer. Got it.

"There would be no anti-cop messaging if they didn't just choke a man to death for selling loose cigarettes, or shove a stick up a man's butt, or shoot a man fifty times for reaching for his wallet."

How is messaging equivalent to vigilante justice against all police? You are claiming this is all De Blasio's fault. But DeBlasio is not the one in the community doing these things to citizens.

• Buffco2Buffco2 Posts: 177 Senior Member

Yeah, I could see how an ignorant populace is not intelligent enough to weed the bad actors out and see the actions of a few as representative of the whole.

By the way, getting shot for reaching? Somebody needs to tell their sons to stop reaching.

@Buffco2 said:
    Yeah, I could see how an ignorant populace is not intelligent enough to weed the bad actors out and see the actions of a few as representative of the whole.

By the way, getting shot for reaching? Somebody needs to tell their sons to stop reaching.

does this quote apply to the bad citizens, the bad cops, or both?

new york has plenty of each ;)

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,662 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

@CO Native said:

Or back on the job in two weeks.

So you think he should have been let out?

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,466 Senior Member
    edited February 11 #31

Guys,

I don't have these problems in a small town. It's like paradise. No big cities for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.