eat your own

FishTXFishTX Super ModeratorPosts: 8,167 Senior Member
"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,510 Senior Member

That guy sounds like a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,466 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    That guy sounds like a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

:D:D

I see what you did there.

• ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 249 Senior Member

The purity tests are being used by both sides. No wonder the two parties cannot agree on literally anything.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,001 Senior Member

Romney is not a purity test. It is a loyalty test.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 249 Senior Member

In the New Republican Party (Grand Old Party of Trump as George would say) purity is measured by loyalty.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,554 Senior Member

I think Romney is doing OK in Utah. I don't think the damage is as widespread as he feared.

edited February 11 #8

We will see. SLC is has a lot more progressive thinkers and I don't think Trump is that popular here. Also, you cannot go wrong here by saying you were following your faith. We actually had a never Trumper on the ballot here.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,554 Senior Member

yep, Evan McMullin. He was on the ballot in Idaho too. I voted for him.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,952 Senior Member

@sherb said:

Well, then, you might as well have thrown away your vote! You have to vote for whoever's most likely to win!

BTW, my options here are Rocky De La Fuente, Joe Walsh, Bill Weld, or Orange Julius Caesar.

@breamfisher said:

@sherb said:

Well, then, you might as well have thrown away your vote! You have to vote for whoever's most likely to win!

BTW, my options here are Rocky De La Fuente, Joe Walsh, Bill Weld, or Orange Julius Caesar.

It is not like Hillary was going to win Idaho, no matter how Sherb voted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.