Rush Limbaugh

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 4,952 Senior Member
edited February 4 in The Lodge #1

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Advanced lung cancer. Gonna be interesting to see how this works out.

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,554 Senior Member
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,418 Senior Member

Don’t care what anyone’s politics are.

F you cancer!!!

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,167 Senior Member

@jbilly said:
    F you cancer!!!

On this we agree.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,510 Senior Member

Hope he beats it.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,208 Senior Member

@jbilly said:
    F you cancer!!!

This. Good luck to him, he will need it.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Buffco2Buffco2 Posts: 177 Senior Member

Just received the Presidential Medal of Freedom at the SOTU.

I grew up riding with my grandpa, listening to Rush. Papa passed away 2 years ago. I admit I teared up a bit and wish Papa could've seen it.

• 4SeasonFisher4SeasonFisher Posts: 3 Junior Member

He has said that smoking and second hand smoke do not cause cancer. Quite unbelievable and it'll be interesting when he comes back if he addresses these past statements.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,001 Senior Member

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,028 Senior Member

i'm supposed to feel sorry for the guy that made fun of michael j fox, that joked about RBG when she got cancer, that made fun of Eric Garner not being able to breathe?

yeah, no thanks, eff him......chickens come home to roost, and karma is a funny thing

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    edited February 5 #11

He's not upset because Bush already presented all of the Tuskegee Airmen with a Congressional Gold Medal.

Obummer handed out freedom medals to his Hollywood buds. Got a fat movie contract out of that too. Good on him.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

You can do better.

• ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 249 Senior Member
    edited February 6 #14

Thanks, Tim. Glad someone broke the ice on the pity party. Dude is Goebbles. Eff him and all the talk radio d-bags who incite fear & hate and spread lies.

in situations like these, it’s always better to be the man you think he should have been.

Stay classy, boys.

Yeah, I figured it would come to this. I knew most of you wouldn't like him, but for **** sake, lung cancer... at 69.

@Buffco2 said:

You can do better.

Actually we as a nation can do better. Limbaugh is a racist lump of shiite. He should get all the compassion and sympathy that he gave in this life. Which is exactly none. The world will be better off without him. I would say I have sympathy for his many wives, but I doubt even they give a crap.

I meant you can do better with regards to your meme. The Tuskeegee airman was hardly snubbed.

List of the racist lumps of Shiite in the media, according to a lefty.

1. Anyone whom I don’t agree with politically.
    2. See 1
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,028 Senior Member

If you’re going to try and defend Rush and this decision, you have zero credibility

dont know the man, but his on air personality is one of the most hatefully and divisive personalities to ever grace the national airwaves, and one could easily argue he was one of the architects and causes of the current divide

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,466 Senior Member
    edited February 6 #22

@tim_s said:
    dont know the man, but his on air personality is one of the most hatefully and divisive >personalities to ever grace the national airwaves, and one could easily argue he was one of >the architects and causes of the current divide

I blame the current divide on Obama.

Do you actually know anyone that listened to Rush? I know I don't and I never did. Can't stand listening to any talk radio.

edited February 6 #23

I'm not defending anyone. What I'm saying is the left has a propensity to label anyone, or any media outlet, who they don't agree with politically as racist lumps of shiite. Just a few threads back the same guy tried to say the same thing about Ben Shapiro. I'm sure he'd say the same thing about Ted Cruz since his podcast is now number one, and he’s conservative. I guess I’ve missed all the outrage over all the hollyweird celb superheros who’ve used their acting super power to bash the POTUS and every member of his cabninet with impunity. CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, WAPO, NYT, HP, etc, etc, are daily, hourly, pushing leftist propaganda. Three years of them mainlining the Trump, Putin, Russian lies, and when the investigations over, and he’s not guilty. Crickets. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a non left biased opinion or news outlet these days? What’s telling is how even though they are in the minority, they have the lions share of views…

@tim_s said:
    https://forums.flyfisherman.com/discussion/comment/242831#Comment_242831
    If you’re going to try and defend Rush and this decision, you have zero credibility

dont know the man, but his on air personality is one of the most hatefully and divisive personalities to ever grace the national airwaves, and one could easily argue he was one of the architects and causes of the current divide

I'm not gonna defend Rush. I just think its classless to gloat over the man's impending death. Its one of the worst features of liberalism: the inability to turn it off and act like a human being as long as the target of our two minutes of hate might have a single defender left.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,466 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    I'm not gonna defend Rush. I just think its classless to gloat over the man's impending >death. Its one of the worst features of liberalism: the inability to turn it off and act like a >human being as long as the target of our two minutes of hate might have a single defender >left.

@MikeA said:
    List of the racist lumps of Shiite in the media, according to a lefty.

1. Anyone whom I don’t agree with politically.
    2. See 1

Well we know that you do not believe racism exists because you have never experienced it.

@sherb said:

@tim_s said:

I'm not gonna defend Rush. I just think its classless to gloat over the man's impending death. Its one of the worst features of liberalism: the inability to turn it off and act like a human being as long as the target of our two minutes of hate might have a single defender left.

This is not just a feature of liberlism. It is not like this POS has never gloated over the health concerns of people on the left.

@NZ Indicator said:

@tim_s said:
    dont know the man, but his on air personality is one of the most hatefully and divisive >personalities to ever grace the national airwaves, and one could easily argue he was one of >the architects and causes of the current divide

I blame the current divide on Obama.

Do you actually know anyone that listened to Rush? I know I don't and I never did. Can't stand listening to any talk radio.

Buford

@tim_s said:

edited February 6 #30

@MikeA said:
    I'm not defending anyone. What I'm saying is the left has a propensity to label anyone, or any media outlet, who they don't agree with politically as racist lumps of shiite. Just a few threads back the same guy tried to say the same thing about Ben Shapiro. I'm sure he'd say the same thing about Ted Cruz since his podcast is now number one, and he’s conservative. I guess I’ve missed all the outrage over all the hollyweird celb superheros who’ve used their acting super power to bash the POTUS and every member of his cabninet with impunity. CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, WAPO, NYT, HP, etc, etc, are daily, hourly, pushing leftist propaganda. Three years of them mainlining the Trump, Putin, Russian lies, and when the investigations over, and he’s not guilty. Crickets. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a non left biased opinion or news outlet these days? What’s telling is how even though they are in the minority, they have the lions share of views…

You would defend David Duke as a good conservative.

I have never heard Ted Cruz say anything racist, just stupid.

If this is the hill you want to die on, be my guest.

Indecency is not a requirement of politics. It may seem that way, but it isn't. That applies to Rush, you, me, Cheeto Jesus, everybody.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.