Home The Lodge

#ChinaTradeDeal

NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior MemberPosts: 11,267 Senior Member

Replies

• ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 871 Senior Member

1) Trump impetuously breaks something, making it worse for many, many American workers and companies.
    2) He later walks back his azzinine policy and the result is suspension of the pain and economic damage he caused.
    3) Claims huge, tremendous, biggest win in history. Record breaking win.
    4) The net result accomplishes nothing and he and his cronies did nothing to ameliorate the underlying problems.
    5) Wash, rinse, repeat.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 11,267 Senior Member
    edited January 17 #3

Makes him look like a hero for upcoming elections yes?

Remember...general majority of American public has short term memory...

Trump playing chess...

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,982 Senior Member
    edited January 17 #4

So he is doing what he has been doing for years, lying his **** off. What is the ROI for all the business lost?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,522 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

Trump playing chess...

The sacrificed pawns are the farms and other businesses lost.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 5,206 Senior Member

You mean like the coal towns?

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,155 Senior Member

Coal towns: dying before Trump and his China deal, dying after. I Don't get your point.

Forcing those people to depend on a dying industry, it has been dying for years now, without offering them better healthier options is how conservatives keep them poor and struggling so they will believe all of Trump's empty promises.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,522 Senior Member

Natural gas prices play a big role in loss of profits in coal. The deal with China may not help much. They aren't in the top five of coal exports to other countries. And the agreement to increase imports from the U.S. is spread out over all the energy sources, so LNG and oil will take some of the profit from coal.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 5,206 Senior Member

Point is, to make a better life for the whole, sometimes the few suffer.

• Buffco2Buffco2 Posts: 620 Senior Member

How does a govt "offer" a different option for a dying industry? Govt has nothing to do with it.

• Buffco2Buffco2 Posts: 620 Senior Member

And if we're talking about keeping a people struggling, well... look no further than the democrat party and blacks.

@Buffco2 said:
    And if we're talking about keeping a people struggling, well... look no further than the democrat party and blacks.

You are going to have to validate that BS with facts.

@Buffco2 said:
    How does a govt "offer" a different option for a dying industry? Govt has nothing to do with it.

It is called adult education and training. Maybe if we gave the same subsidies to other industries that we do coal.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-coal-subsidy-idUSKCN1TB21U

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement