ouch

tim_stim_s Senior MemberPosts: 2,004 Senior Member

this one just started showing up at dad's last week

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,327 Senior Member

Wow! Great Buck.
    I've seen some nice ones too lately. Two nights ago a monster was walking into the woods from the road by my place. Next year!

This guy was a regular visitor. At night....

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,004 Senior Member

that one is not the biggest body we've seen over there this year, but that rack has the most potential.......we've had one, maybe 2 that were older and over 200lbs......but that rack is pretty solid for a 2.5-3.5 year old deer

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member

You think they go past your game cameras at this time on purpose?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Old bucks are smart as hell with noses like a bloodhound. They stay deep in cover and travel at night to avoid humans once we start showing up in their territory. Most hunters place cameras on the rubs and scrapes they leave during the rut. They show up at night because they know it's safe.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member

I'm talking about showing up after the season is over. Like a big rasberry for not getting them.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.