The Divided Republic

NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior MemberPosts: 10,338 Senior Member

One of the reasons I refuse to vote for just any Democrat or Republican the party tries to force on us, and why I refuse to think of my votes for a third party as "wasted." The establishment will never change as long as we keep playing their rigged game. A good read...

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/two-party-system-broke-constitution/604213/?utm_medium=offsite&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=newsstand-ideas&fbclid=IwAR3MykpPt9h-jL4DZzxNN92OaWwuU22TNZ359czR0rHz8kzwkVBqlSl4vQI

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,788 Senior Member

I guess in a way the author is blaming the Reagan "Revolution" for wiping out the Rockefeller wing of the Republican Party. You can probably blame Goldwater.

I read an article yesterday where the premise was that everything began to fall apart with the adoption of the 17th Amendment. The Framers saw the House as being partisan. Appointed Senators were expected to be less so.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,327 Senior Member
    edited January 3 #3

It's funny how 8 years of Obama being POTUS and we didn't have this kind of division. Most of us just sat by quietly disagreeing and biding our time. Now the tables have turned and the left is losing their ****. We're no more dived today than any other time. You can just see the crying, whining, and hate, more easily now with the social media and constant negative press from the corp media machine.

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,971 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    It's funny how 8 years of Obama being POTUS and we didn't have this kind of division.

Oh yeah we did.

• GreenMtBoy2GreenMtBoy2 Posts: 76 Member

Obama did not go out of his way to stick sticks in peoples’ eyes, like calling a city in the very country he leads a ****hole.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,125 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    It's funny how 8 years of Obama being POTUS and we didn't have this kind of division. Most of us just sat by quietly disagreeing and biding our time.

“We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.” - John Boehner

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.” - McConnell

“There will be no compromise on stopping Democrats from growing government and raising taxes.” Mike Pence making the assumption that is what Dems are all about.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 147 Senior Member

Really, Mike? Really?

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,125 Senior Member

LOL. I thought about that suit today.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    It's funny how 8 years of Obama being POTUS and we didn't have this kind of division. Most of us just sat by quietly disagreeing and biding our time. Now the tables have turned and the left is losing their ****. We're no more dived today than any other time. You can just see the crying, whining, and hate, more easily now with the social media and constant negative press from the corp media machine.

OMG that is funny.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 147 Senior Member

It’s not only funny, it’s actually kind of disturbing.

Especially since our current president is a birther.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@GreenMtBoy2 said:
    Obama did not go out of his way to stick sticks in peoples’ eyes, like calling a city in the very country he leads a ****hole.

Like Flint??? Look what sugar coating got those children. Sometimes you need to call it what it is if you're ever going to improve it. Speaking of Sholes. Did you all see where Ford investing $1.45 billion, adding 3,000 jobs at two Detroit-area plants.

Somebody call Obama and tell him we found the magic wand.

There has always been and will always be political division. It's what they do. What's happening now is new. I've never seen anything like this. Russiagate, Kavenaugh, Cohen, Stormy, impeachment over nothing. The MSM has openly rallied behind every false accusation against this POTUS that came out. What's happening now is orchestrated resistance from the most powerful weapon in-the world. Media. Yet, somehow, he's beating them at their own game.

Benghazi!!!! Fast & Furious and the biggest nothing burger of them all, IRS gate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.